Qualtrics, the leader in customer experience and creator of the Experience Management (XM) category, is changing the way organizations manage and improve the four core experiences of business––customer, employee, product, and brand. Over 11,000 organizations around the world are using Qualtrics to listen, understand, and take action on experience data (X-data™)––the beliefs, emotions, and intentions that tell you why things are happening, and what to do about it.
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses attract customers who stay longer and buy more, engage employees who build a positive culture, develop breakthrough products people love, and build a brand people are passionate about. Join us as we help change the way people experience the world! Advance your career at a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, inclusive work environment.
Locations: Provo, Utah or Seattle, Washington
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps - the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they're receiving.
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 10,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! Join a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment.
In order to ensure continued value to our customers, we have an extensive set of professional services offerings, ranging from implementation to custom engineering services. The Services Operations team is responsible for closing gaps within the services organization. We enable outstanding customer experience by driving operational excellence across the organization. This role is integral to achieving our goal by monitoring, assessing, and improving our internal systems, processes, and integrations.
This is an ideal role for someone who is passionate about data architecture, analysis and modeling. At Qualtrics we wear a lot of hats! This is a great company for someone who thrives in ambiguity, and the opportunity that provides to determine how you individually will deliver value. The ideal candidate has experience in data mining & visualization, as well as data architecture and design. This person has an “ownership” mentality - while we all have our own areas of specialties, our team culture dictates that we get involved and take ownership of any changes or improvements needed, especially as they impact our stakeholders. The experience of our internal stakeholders and the customers they serve are top priority.
The Expectation for Success
You'll know you're doing a great job when our employees look to you to solve some of the company's largest problems. You can work cross-functionally, are a self-starter, can multitask, love a continual challenge, and manage your time effectively so you can go on a beautiful hike up Provo Canyon for your lunch break!
You have a strong background in data mining, analysis, and forecasting. You also have spent time designing data tables and developing pipelines, as well as implementing processes and controls to ensure the highest quality data.
You've led projects where you've worn multiple hats, ranging from stakeholder alignment and requirements gathering, through design and execution of data-focused solutions. You obsess over data hygiene, and like to get into the weeds to test and fix any existing quality issues, but are also able to step back to see the big picture, and design data-focused solutions based on stakeholder needs. You can adjust your communication style to your audience, explaining complex data models to both senior leadership and fellow analysts. You have a passion for designing and implementing solutions that increase efficiency and drive the business forward.
A Day in the Life
- Lead technical and architectural direction of our data infrastructure capabilities
- Design and document data models, taxonomies, ontologies, dictionaries, catalogs and lineage
- Promote data governance, quality, and security across the organization
- Own the design, development, and ongoing maintenance of service data tables
- Write complex SQL queries, stored procedures, ETL workflows, views, temporary tables, and other database objects
- Build analytics tools that ingest data from large disparate datasets to draw actionable insights into operational efficiencies and key business performance metrics
- Develop automated test scripts to monitor and report on data quality issues; conduct root cause analyses in response to data issues and implement changes to address root causes
- Work with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to understand current and future business needs, and design data-focused solutions to address the most critical problems within the services organization, designing both short- and long-term solutions as appropriate
- Take ownership for the data associated with all planned and in-place systems and integrations owned by the services operations team, and ensure they align with the needs of the organization
- Support more junior members of the team through mentorship and guidance, as well as quality control for all reporting, analyses, and dashboards delivered by the team
The ideal candidate will have ...
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, or related quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of experience as an analyst or engineer in data or business intelligence space
- 3+ years of work experience in analyzing and interpreting data using SQL
- Proficiency in navigating GIT
- Experience with BI data visualization and delivery tools
- Experience with data mining tools like R or Python
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects with multiple dependencies and constraints
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish credibility with technical and non-technical stakeholders including executive staff
- Previously designed and executed solutions that drove innovation, while establishing operational framework and processes that scale
- A passion for perfecting the end-to-end experience across a diverse set of teams, functions, and platforms
- Expertise in conceptual and logical data models and their implementation
- Successful track record of democratizing proper data modeling and governance in a large organization
The ideal candidate may have ...
- A master's degree in statistics, data analytics, data science, or other related STEM degree
- 2+ years experience in an highly analytical role
- 2+ years experience in technology or business consulting
- Prior experience in a technology services delivery context
- Experience programming in Java, Python or an equivalent OOP programming language
- API design using OpenAPI and AsyncAPI
- Experience modeling data structures for document, column family and graph databases
Apply on company website