The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can't imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
XM Discover provides a deep understanding of customers and employees by evaluating the actual words they use. The industry's leading AI-powered speech and text analytics engine analyzes all feedback and conversations at scale to reveal topics, perception of effort, emotion, empathy, sentiment, reasons for actions, intent and more. Insights from XM Discover are used to build a more holistic experience management (XM) strategy and stronger relationships with employees and customers as a result.
As a member of the XM Discover Platform scrum development team, you will be collaborating with other progressive engineers to bring our software to the next levels of scalability, performance, security, and functionality. This stack processes very large amounts of data using a variety of open-source technologies such as Java, Elastic, Kafka, Spring, Docker, Kubernetes, Postgres, Jenkins, Ansible, and others. In this role there is lots of opportunity for growth - you will start with responsibility for both story-level and epic-level work, and broaden out from there. As with all of our engineering roles, you will have influence on design and implementation and will be able to both mentor and be mentored.
- Design test plans and test cases for mobile and web applications
- Find, triage, and document bugs worth fixing
- Conduct ad-hoc and scripted manual tests
- Investigate test failures and customer reports using your technical understanding of the product and tools (such as logs) to narrow down repro issues steps and isolate the root problem.
- Contribute to test frameworks, test tools, and automation for complex, distributed SaaS systems
- You ensure the product is tested at the appropriate level (unit vs integration vs end to end, API vs UI), reducing unnecessary test cases, intermittent failures, and decreasing execution time.
- Drive quality processes like bug triage, release decisions, and feature completion criteria
- You mentor and develop your other team members.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as IT, Engineering, Math, Physics or similar with Computer Science coursework or minor. Computer science degree preferred but not required.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience as part of a test team
- 0-2 years of experience contributing to test automation and frameworks
- Familiar with front-end technologies (including Selenium-based automation), REST web services and/or constructing database queries
- An excellent Ad-hoc tester
- Experience applying different software testing techniques, such as equivalence class partitioning, boundary value testing, pairwise testing, etc
What differentiates us from other companies:
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming to cultivate creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of the standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.
Apply on company website