The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can't imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
About the role:
As a Software Engineer on the XM Discover Platform scrum development team, you will be collaborating with other progressive engineers to bring our software to the next levels of scalability, performance, security, and functionality. This stack processes very large amounts of data using a variety of open-source technologies such as Java, Elastic, Kafka, Spring, Docker, Kubernetes, Postgres, Jenkins, Ansible, and others. In this role there is lots of opportunity for growth - you will start with responsibility for both story-level and epic-level work, and broaden out from there. As with all of our engineering roles, you will have influence on design and implementation and will be able to both mentor and be mentored.
About the team:
We are a scrum shop and happy to teach and mentor if you don't have previous scrum experience. If you do have scrum experience, then you'll be happy to know that we do full scrum, complete with sprint planning, review, retrospectives, daily scrums, backlog refinement, and planning poker. We also embrace XP development methodologies and put great value on XP development principles.
XM Discover provides a deep understanding of customers and employees by evaluating the actual words they use. The industry's leading AI-powered speech and text analytics engine analyzes all feedback and conversations at scale to reveal topics, perception of effort, emotion, empathy, sentiment, reasons for actions, intent and more. Insights from XM Discover are used to build a more holistic experience management (XM) strategy and stronger relationships with employees and customers as a result.
As a Staff Software Engineer at Qualtrics, you should love building simple solutions to solve hard scalability problems. Designing systems in an agile environment to withstand hyper growth and owning quality from end to end is a rewarding challenge and one of the reasons Qualtrics is such an exciting place to work.
In Addition, You Will:
- Design and lead R&D efforts of scalable, fast, robust, and simple web-based solutions to solve
complex business problems
- Drive technology vision for the entire organisation. Evolve ambiguous business goals into
- Build effective working relationship across different roles and incorporate feedback from
stakeholders to your vision
- Collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver
value to your customers
- Collaborate with your peers across multiple time zones and locations
- Drive generalizable improvements in operational excellence for the entire organization
- Review designs for organization
- Actively mentor senior engineers
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Strong level of curiosity and interest to learn
- Strong algorithms, data structures and coding background
- Experience with Microservices Architecture and distributed systems
- Ability to work with ambiguous technical and business requirements. Track of record of working
with multiple teams to deliver common goals
- Be curious and proactive
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with professional software engineering practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews,
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
What differentiates us from other companies:
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of the standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.
Apply on company website