Job Description Details
Reporting to the Vice President of Talent Experience & Insights, the Director of Learning & Development will provide strategic direction and leadership of global learning and development professionals responsible for inspiring and enabling a learning culture across Qurate Retail Group. In this role you will deliver innovative enterprise learning strategies that drive our organizational priorities forward. A successful person within the role will also create complementary business unit learning plans and develop a data & tech enabled learning & development organization by expanding the adoption of our learning experience platform.
Who We Are
The People Teams help to support the enterprise strategies and delivery plan for all core talent management, culture and engagement processes in support of the organization and its leaders while partnering with Centers of Expertise to deliver on these strategies.
- Strategy Development, Planning & Execution
- Build and execute strategy and processes for global learning programs across the enterprise, ensuring appropriate adaptation and adoption across business units. Learning programs range from leadership development, culture transformation, and key talent segment development
- Understand key business goals and determine development needs to support the advancement of these goals
- Partner and advise senior leaders to identify targeted solutions that address business critical- talent development imperatives
- Develop an enterprise learning and development communications and change management approach that can be customized as appropriate, integrated into the broader Talent Experience and Insights approach
- Technology and Insights Advancement
- Define our learning experience platform roadmap as it relates to our marketing and content strategy, reporting and adoption metrics, and ongoing management
- Champion the development and deployment of learning analytics to measure progress, drive action, and inform decision making
- Research, Networking, and Key Connections
- Ongoing research through key external programs and participation in subject matter expert committees to ensure relevant industry trends
- Partner with People & Org and other People Centers of expertise including Executive Coaching, Workforce Analytics, People Portfolio, Organizational Development, and People Technology to deliver our learning strategy
- People & Budget Management
- Lead a team of learning and development professionals to bring innovative solutions to global audiences.
- Manage a global learning portfolio including investments, resource allocation, and prioritization
- Manage a global budget and associated vendor contracts.
What you Bring
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's Degree in Learning & Development, Organizational Development and/or HR Business preferred
- 10+ years' experience leading a corporate learning or talent development function for a mid-sized global/matrixed organization
- Proven experience in developing learning programs
- Strong knowledge of adult learning principles and change methodologies
- Ability to understand data and analytics to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of learning programs and tools
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Ability to manage vendors, contractors, and work within a pre-defined budget
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website