Job Description DetailsShipping (Loader):
Verify product for correct hub number, identify damages, leaks, and load ORM-D packages in direction of arrows.
Load product from conveyor and non-conveyable carts to trucks in a safe and efficient manner using proper loading techniques including flush, secure walls to fill truck to ensure full capacity.
Close full trailers, pulling dock plate, unlocking truck, and call manifest to close-out and replace trailer.
Make up gaylords with tape and unload empty BMC's from USPS trailer to prepare for workload in Small Package Sort area.
Use Scan Data System to hold lanes of full gaylords, replace full gaylords with empty ones, close and add tickets to ensure manifest integrity and keep area clear of stray packages.
Set up secondary sort with BMC's.
Sort first class packages manually.
Set up non-conveyable area with carts.
Assist Console Operator to ensure all labels are in the up position.
- You may be asked to perform a variety of duties across varying functions utilizing a handheld scanner or computer to include: unloading, receiving, stowing, picking, packing, shipping, cycle counting bins or returning her order to make sure our customer is taken care of.
- Outside of our production roles, you may be asked to assist in working on computers to solve inventory problems, counting and reporting inventory accuracy, or ensuring efficiency of the warehouse through replenishing supplies and/or organizing work areas
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities as assigned.
- Must have a general working knowledge of how computers operate – no specific software knowledge required.
Additional Essential Job Requirements:
- Maintain attendance according to company policy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Willing and able to work a full shift and to work overtime when required.
- Able to read and take verbal direction in English.
- Able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Willing and able to regularly push, pull, squat, bend, twist, grasp and reach up to 10-12 hours/day.
- Be comfortable working on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet.
- Willing and able to perform to the established standards of safety, quality, productivity and attendance.
- Demonstrated characteristics of reliability (attendance), teamwork, and sense of ownership.
- Willing and able to positively contribute to a professional, safe, and conflict-free work environment.
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website