New QxH Fulfillment Center in Bethlehem
Job Description DetailsThe Opportunity
At QRG, we strive to consistently deliver perfect end-to-end customer experiences, and our Fulfillment Team plays a big role in that. To further our focus on operational excellence, this key leadership role manages a multi-shift, high volume fulfillment operation. The GM oversees all customer interfacing operations in the fulfillment center including Inbound, Learning, Maintenance, Product Storage, Waving/Picking, Packing, QA, IC, Transportation, Order Fulfillment and Returns. The GM is responsible for overall site leadership and performance as it relates to safety, quality, customer experience/on time delivery, cost per unit, productivity, and fixed and variable expenses, as well as achievement of budgeted, productive labor rates as measured by established flex budgets, as well as engaging and developing all leaders on the leadership team. The GM and site senior team will maintain a union-free employee climate and foster a positive, values-based work culture based on employee development, accountability, engagement, and mutual respect.
Who We Are
Our Fulfillment Operations teams work to fulfill customer expectations by delivering orders worldwide timely and efficiently with the shortest possible delivery time being as safe as possible. If our customers need to return or exchange an item, we work quickly to process her request.
- Manage a multi-shift, 7 day per week, variable volume fulfillment operation including inbound, learning, maintenance, outbound, returns processing, and associated related areas.
- Responsible for operational leadership as it relates to Safety, Cost per unit, productivity/UPH, and fixed and variable expenses associated with fulfillment operations.
- Leads development of management staff and subordinates for advancement & bench strength building, driving a positive culture, and increasing levels of responsibility for leaders. Lead teams in ways to drive a safe working environment for employees, culture of continuous improvement and waste elimination, and maximize employee engagement throughout FC teams to ensure the site remains union free.
- Manages teams to excel in inventory accuracy and IRDR as it relates to the order fulfillment at the site, including cycle count accuracy in picking, packing, and shipping accuracy.
- Develops and implements short term and long range goals and operational plans to achieve designated site objectives, while maintaining or increasing site efficiency.
- Model and utilize tools to develop individuals at the site such as MPP feedback, MBO's, appreciative and constructive feedback to ensure that team members are making the connection between these tools and their performance and development.
- Supports the development and implementation of daily staff planning and site adherence process to ensure that there is organizational consensus.
- Reviews existing operation to determine what improvements can be made to areas, which allow for cost reduction, increased speed, and improved customer service. Elimination of waste and 5S Implementation should be the focus through leading and fostering Kaizen and a culture of continuous improvement daily.
- Ensures that the sites volume of orders and returns are processed within the distribution center accordingly to pre-established standards of quality, efficiency and costs.
- Lead a multitude of projects to optimize cost of transportation while ensuring high quality and speed of delivery in partnership with various vendors and internal groups, including major capital and information system projects.
- Lead network wide initiatives and programs as requested to drive overall network improvement, and participate in network or company-wide activities as a representative of the site and customer logistics.
What You Bring
- Strong operational experience including leading complex operations and working to continuously improve operations to reduce costs, improve customer service, and maximize quality both internally and externally.
- Experience in motivating leaders to get the most of their people, while maintaining a highly engaged workforce and creating strong safe work environments.
- Strong financial and budgeting skills, good oral and written communication, good personal computer skills, and ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Detailed experience in fulfillment systems (WMS, WCS, TMS, YMS) and experience in improving operational systems through lean to maximize operational effectiveness.
- Detailed experience in fulfillment material handling equipment including powered industrial trucks, conveyor systems, picking systems, sortation equipment, as well as robotic or other picking/packing systems.
- Must possess excellent analytical and computer skills and be capable of handling a variety of issues, problems and priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and interface with multiple management levels on a matrix basis required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering required
- 10+ years leading large scale distribution operations with 5+ years experience leading leaders in a large scale distribution operation
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website