The Operations Manager's responsibility exists for managing and leading the tactical and strategic functionality of their site for the assigned shift to meet departmental productivity and quality goals and objectives. Under the direction of the Senior Operations Manager, the Operations Manager supervises daily activities of the site for the assigned shift to meet departmental productivity and quality goals and objectives. The Leader is responsible for the development and training of their teams of exempt and non-exempt employees in meeting departmental and site goals and objectives related to culture, costs, service cycle time, and quality. Cultural goals will be accomplished in the development of an engaged and safe workforce through the successful application and practice of our Leadership Competency Model. Costs and service cycle times are effectively controlled through the economical utilization of personnel, materials and equipment. Quality goals are achieved through effectively executing the department's standard operating procedures, processes, and methods.
Job Description Details
- Provides direction and management of overall activities within fulfillment departments containing multiple teams and multiple shifts
- Ensure necessary resources are secured and available for team to achieve unit goals
- Conduct daily interaction with supervisors to provide feedback on unit performance and progress towards goals
- Observe team production/accuracy data and provide guidance to supervisors in establishing new goals
- Provide focus to department/s and lend visible support to projects, goals and change management
- Overall responsibility for understanding and meeting performance metrics to include developing/supporting the operations budget and identifying financial variances and the business/performance metrics that drive them
- Identify and analyze root cause and effect and develop/execute action plans and decisions
- Building business improvement teams, develop solution seeking environment that is engaged in process improvement
- Ability to develop Fulfillment Center strategy through knowledge of business and direction while also supporting/understanding corporate vision and goals
- Strong cross-functional understanding and ability to work with counterparts across company and within Fulfillment center to identify best business solutions and drive customer service
- Strong understanding of WMS system functionality and test/identify new applications/processes in order to identify system capabilities and future benefits
- Foster motivational environment based upon HSN values
- Develop processes and procedures that improve efficiency within department and across DC areas/sites
- Decision maker for issues such as: shift changes, overtime, re-alignment of positions, merit, terminations, labor allocation and in meeting financial goals
- Coach and assist supervisors in handling disciplinary actions, conflict resolution, terminations and development of employees
- Recommend purchase of equipment or equipment upgrades to increase efficiency
- Manage projects
- Ability to motivate, foster teamwork and provide positive reinforcement within fulfillment center site
- Advanced knowledge of computer software including excel, outlook and WMS
- Extensive knowledge of business and financial plans
- Ability to analyze complex data
- Ability to manage multiple teams and provide a positive learning environment
- Excellent management and project management skills
- Background in strategic planning
- Strong understanding of HSN business
- 7 + years fulfillment/distribution experience with at least 4 in a leadership role
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
#LI-SF1Consent Statement : I CERTIFY THAT THE FACTS CONTAINED IN THIS APPLICATION ARE TRUE AND COMPLETE TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE. I UNDERSTAND THAT ANY MATERIAL MISREPRESENTATIONS OR FALSE INFORMATION WILL DISQUALIFY ME FOR CONSIDERATION FOR HIRE AND THAT IF I HAVE ALREADY BEEN HIRED WILL BE GROUNDS FOR THE TERMINATION OF MY EMPLOYMENT. I AUTHORIZE INVESTIGATION OF ALL STATEMENTS CONTAINED HEREIN AND THE REFERENCES LISTED BELOW TO GIVE YOU ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONCERNING MY PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT AND ANY PERTINENT INFORMATION THEY MAY HAVE, PERSONAL OR OTHERWISE. BY SIGNING BELOW, I HEREBY FOREVER RELEASE QVC & ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILITATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, AND ANY PERSON OR ENTITY PROVIDING INFORMATION TO THE PURSUANT TO THIS APPLICATION, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS FOR DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, MISTAKEN IDENTITY, AND MISUSE OF INFORMATION OBTAINED AND ANY OTHER CLAIM OR COURSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF THE PROCUREMENT OR USE OF INFORMATION OBTAINED IN SUCH INVESTIGATION.I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IF HIRED, MY EMPLOYMENT IS FOR NO DEFINITE PERIOD AND THAT THE EMPLOYER FOLLOWS AN EMPLOYMENT-AT-WILL POLICY, WHICH MEANS THAT I OR THE EMPLOYER MAY TERMINATE MY EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, OR FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE, IN ACCORDANCE WITH STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT APPLY IF I HAVE ENTERED INTO A WRITTEN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT SIGNED BY A DULY AUTHORIZED OFFICER OF QVC.I UNDERSTAND THAT QVC MAINTAINS A DRUG AND ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE, AND THAT ANY OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT WILL BE CONTINGENT UPON FULL COOPERATION IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF ANY DRUG TESTING AND A SUCCESSFUL (NEGATIVE) DRUG TEST RESULT AS WELL AS THE SUCCESSFUL RESULT OF A NEW HIRE BACKGROUND CHECK.
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website