Job Description DetailsThis is an On-Call/Part-time position! Starting Pay -$13.00
- Provide access control of the facility by monitoring badge access systems, Yard Management Systems and maintaining CPAT requirements. Greet all individuals entering the facility and issue guest badges as necessary after confirming identity. Notify the QVC contact/department. Field phone calls from various sources and contact appropriate departments or individuals while maintaining company policy and privacy laws.
- Rotate through the various security duties and assignments, in accordance with the established schedules or guidance.
- Operate essential security and fire systems including, but not limited to Security Card Access/CCTV systems; X-Ray Imaging Device; PC-Based Fire Alarm Systems; PC-Based Walk-Through & Hand-Held Metal Detection Systems; Multi-Channel Radios; QVC Intranet-Based Guest Registration System; SharePoint-Based Security Applications – Incident Reports, Operations Logs, and Security Procedures Manuals & Employee Database.
- Verify container integrity of all inbound international containers via a comprehensive multipoint inspections consistently executed in accordance with the Custom's Trade Partnership against Terrorism (C-TPAT) as established by U.S Customs and Border Protection. Isolate inbound international containers and support follow-up escalation in accordance with prescribed procedures and /or guidance to ensure the deployment of countermeasures in the interest of public safety and the safety of our QVC people.
- Conduct deterrent / preventive patrols and hazard surveillance of buildings and grounds observing security breaches, policy and/or work rule violations, unruly and/or unsafe behavior to include safety and fire hazards, unsecured areas, unauthorized persons, damaged property and/or criminal activity. Patrol the grounds to include the detection of disabled vehicles, illegally parked vehicles, and persons in need of assistance, unauthorized persons, and safety hazards. Provide assistance as necessary and appropriate to the circumstances
- Perform fire inspections as requested or required, open secured doors, observe activities while a door is open (when applicable), and secure doors upon completion of tasks.
- Escort terminated employees and unwanted individuals from the property
- Complete security log entries to record daily activities and write detailed security incident reports for all unusual events, observations, and incidents occurring during any work assignment or shift. Complete other logs, as necessary, to track events and provide necessary departmental records.
- Respond to routine service requests, urgent calls for assistance, and emergency situations in accordance with department policies, procedures, guidelines, post orders and sound professional judgment. Perform First Aid, CPR, and operate Automatic External Defibrillation equipment in accordance with prescribed training. Adhere to Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control. Call for police, fire, and/or EMS services as appropriate to the circumstances. Notify Supervisor and/or Health and Safety of medical emergencies.
- Operate the site switchboard, properly greet all callers, and transfer calls to the appropriate personnel. Assist callers with general information, takes and relays messages as necessary.
- Upon specific direction from Security Management / Supervision, inspects all parcels and conducts a full or random search of all employees leaving the building for QVC property. Where applicable, verify stock movement documents for property leaving secured areas and review property tracers for accuracy and appropriate level of authorization.
- Make digital identification badges as requested. Utilize Security systems to monitor QVC property to protect people, critical systems, and physical assets. Operate all equipment in accordance with assets protection objectives only and treat all departmental records as confidential internal business records to be shared / released only in accordance with established guidelines.
- Maintain and secure valuable property and/or information.
- Provide support during QVC sponsored special events and celebrity visits, to include appropriate controls on access to the facility and a safe environment for celebrities, on-air guests, VIPs and the public.
- Perform transportations to facilitate the business needs. Transport employees to Occupational Health or local hospital Emergency Room for medical assistance. During company designated weather emergencies, provide transportation for essential personnel to and from QVC property.
- Perform other related activities as assigned.
- Attend and participate in meetings and training
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to perform First Aid and CPR.
- Knowledge of company security policies and procedures.
- Basic understanding of individual rights and legal/illegal activities.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of security practices and procedures.
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website