Job Description DetailsThe Opportunity: Our Senior Operations Managers are responsible for all budgetary, people development, and operations objectives for one functional area of our Fulfillment Center (Inbound or Outbound). Additional responsibilities include managing and leading a team of Operations and Area Managers, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure performance objectives are met, building positive associate relations, and building leadership bench strength within the Fulfillment Center. Who We Are: The Leader is responsible for the development and training of their teams of exempt and non-exempt employees in meeting their functional departmental goals and objectives related to culture, costs, service cycle time, and quality. Cultural goals will be accomplished in the development of an engaged and safe workforce through the successful application and practice of Qurate Leadership Competency Model. Quality goals are achieved through effectively executing the department's standard operating procedures, processes, and methods, partnering as necessary with other departments. Monitored and controlled, prioritizes, assigns, and reviews work to maintain departmental efficiency and meet productivity, volume, and quality goals. Your Impact:
- Leads the operation of a multi-shift, 7 day per week, multi-department variable volume distribution operation's team, including productivity, financial and service objectives that meet the demands of our customer.
- Provide strong leadership and coaching on an ongoing basis.
- Initiate and develop short and long-term operational and strategic plans.
- Networks and consults with corporate and site resources and facilities staff to ensure low-cost efficiencies and high service levels are consistently maintained.
- Prepare area budgets with various financial reports and corporate resources in the Finance area. Develop strategic and tactical plans to operate within an approved cost structure.
- Ensure consistency and compliance with departmental and company policies.
- Provide leadership and builds an engaged Culture by modeling The QVC Difference Values and operating principles, ensuring all employees are treated consistently, fairly, ethically and respectfully. Exemplify strong communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Leads the team in creating an atmosphere that enables the dialog and commitments that promote a continuous improvement mindset and has a favorable impact on the effectiveness and efficiency of the site through accuracy measurements.
- Foster a sense of teamwork and collaboration with the operational stakeholders in an effort to maximize business results performance.
- Lead and develop methods of improving specific aspects of the operation such as process and procedures that lead to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency gains.
- Reviews existing operations to determine what improvements can be made to areas, which allow for cost reduction, increased speed, and improved customer service.
- Develop goals and objectives with leaders. Monitor and assess performance on a regular basis through regular check-in meetings.
- Ensure consistency and timely completion of all administrative functions.
- Conducts regularly scheduled roundtable meetings, 2 per month, as per program, inclusive of all schedules/shifts and departments
- Develop and submit an annual budget plan for your areas of responsibility. Monitors expenses against budgeted costs and provide explanations for variances for all.
- Designs and implements training programs and supporting materials for employee education and development.
- Develop policies and procedures to meet new or changing conditions within the department. Ensure consistency among sites in quality policies and practices. Interface with necessary stakeholders across the network to obtain alignment and implement corrective action measures.
- Sets the short term and long term tactical and strategic vision at the site maximizing inventory accuracy with a focus on high level customer service and operational excellence.
- Reviews existing operation to determine what improvements can be made to areas, which allow for cost reduction, increased speed, and improved customer service.
- Leads a multitude of projects to optimize cost of operations while improving quality, accuracy and service to internal and external customers.
- Leads teams in ways to drive a safe working environment for employees and maximize employee engagement throughout the operation, and ensures that site remains proper health & security environment.
- Coordination of production planning on weekly base with stakeholders (e.g. works council)
- Assist Human Resources in recruiting, interviewing and selecting high-quality staff
- Ensure and cover MOD shifts. (Manager on duty). High level of overall operation knowledge is needed to act as an overall responsible on weekends and bank holidays.
- Excellent skills in leadership of people to balance objectives of a great employee experience, customer experience, and financial performance.
- Strategic thinking and planning skills to best optimize network resources and understand how to drive change to improve performance and service levels.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in budgeting, financial management, and labor planning and optimization.
- Ability to lead projects and initiatives to drive cost savings and/or improve service to our customers through network and process improvements in coordination with our DCs, vendors, and transportation partners.
- Subject matter expert in quality and operational controls, internal controls auditing, process improvement, organization and operations flow design, and distribution systems.
- Excellent performance in engagement, leadership, culture behavior, decisiveness, cost awareness, customer orientation, loyalty, sense of responsibility, organizational talent, conceptual, initiate and “live” change
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website