Job Description Details
Qurate Retail Group (QRG) is searching for a Software Engineering Solution Architect to work on our digital customer applications (QVC.com/HSN.com), iOS/Android mobile applications and our streaming media platform Roku TV. This individual will be responsible for translating strategies and desired capabilities for a single business unit / product related program into the design and development of cross-functional multi-platform systems and technical capabilities, within the enterprise context (Enterprise Architecture Goals, Principles, Guardrails/Reference Architectures, and Standards) and also contribute to enterprise architecture planning and execution for QRG.
Who We Are
Be a part of delivering tomorrow's innovations today! We are a leader in ecommerce technology solutions, from designing applications to creating entirely new platforms. Technology is at the core of all that we do. If you are energized by a dynamic engineering environment that encourages technical curiosity, collectivism, courage and a desire to grow professionally, then we want to talk to you!
- Design the solutions for cross-functional multi-platform systems and technical capabilities to meet desired business outcomes for a single business unit/product(s) within the enterprise context.
- Ensure maintenance of application portfolio information for a single business unit/product(s).
- Read, understand and help multiple project teams follow published architecture guardrails and reference architectures.
- Participate in the development of new guardrails and the evolution of existing guardrails.
- Provide technical leadership, coaching, consulting and direction to initiatives and IT colleagues.
- Serve as advisor to value stream/program leadership.
- Provide third level operational support for production systems, when necessary. Lead evaluation of broader issues and recommends both business process and technical solutions.
- Work with engineering teams to drive resolution of highly complex escalated issues requiring the analysis of multiple solutions. Drive communication to IT leadership.
- Research and understand current and future technology trends in the domains relevant to their business unit/product.
- Work with product management to understand desired business outcomes and how technical solutions contribute to those solutions.
- Work across complex and unique projects and problems of varied scope, typically with cross domain impact.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years related experience.
- Experience/Certifications in Azure/AWS/Google cloud systems
- Experience designing and building high volume eCommerce and streaming media web experiences.
- Experience designing and building native mobile applications for iOS and Android based devices.
- Experience designing and building for next generation streaming platforms such as Roku, Fire, Apple, and Android.
- Experience designing and building micro service API systems using widely accepting languages/frameworks such as Java / Spring or Microsoft .Net
- Demonstrates expert level knowledge and deep understanding across multiple areas in the domain of customer acquisition and retention. This includes, but is not limited to marketing automation systems, email service providers, affiliate marketing, social media marketing, and retention marketing.
- Strong understanding of best practice architecture guardrails and reference architectures as well as the ability to contribute to their development.
- Possesses solid understanding of the retail industry and industry trends.
- Understands the impacts of regulations, laws and company policies, standards and procedures to their role.
- Ability to lead the development of architecture runways required across projects within a domain and provides day-to-day technical leadership/ guidance to the delivery team.
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website