Job Description Details
As the world's leading video and ecommerce retailer, QVC has a history of growth and success that goes unmatched. QVC is part of Qurate Retail Group and believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- for customers who crave engaging shopping experiences. As a $14B business, we reach over 370M homes worldwide, with 2.2B visits to 13 websites. Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. Our technology teams are constantly innovating. From designing apps to creating entirely new platforms, technology is at the core of all that we do.
The Project Engineer will discover, evaluate and implement material handling equipment (MHE) and automation technology for the entire US fulfillment center (FC) network. This role will develop business cases for capital projects, oversee execution of complex capital projects and ensure benefits are attained. The Project Engineer's scope includes QVC, ZU, and HSN which currently includes 10+ highly automated fulfillment centers with a combined total of over 15 million square feet.
Who We Are
With passion and expertise, we are trusted to discover and deliver for our internal and external customers reliable, efficient, and safe fulfillment center equipment and processes. Working across and directly with suppliers, fulfillment center operations, and other internal departments, we lead projects from end to end, within budget, and on time. Engineering is a crucial part of a company's success and you could help be a part of that success at QVC.
- Responsible for full capital project accountability to include analysis of material flow, safety enhancements, capacity expansion, process improvement and optimization, cost reduction, assurance of quality and enhancement of accurate and timely installation/implementation.
- Lead design efforts while ensuring the highest safety, ergonomic & efficiency standards are met.
- Transition informal conceptual design ideas to formal detailed design.
- Responsible for managing project budget/spend, schedule, and scope.
- Lead project manager for the end to end execution of engineering projects.
- Determine the optimal placement for any new technology considering site space planning, product flows, and supporting conveyor network/capacities.
- Work with the industrial engineering team to document and implement standard operating plans (SOPs) associated with any engineering projects.
- Define project work streams to ensure appropriate cross-functional involvement when necessary such as legal, procurement, operations, IT, maintenance, CREWS, health and safety, packaging engineering, process improvement, etc.
- Work closely with the maintenance teams to ensure optimal site integration and ability to maintain/support equipment after system acceptance.
- Evaluate bid responses and recommend direction supported by clearly documented facts.
What You Bring
- Degreed in industrial engineering, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or related discipline.
- MBA or MS degree preferred.
- AutoCAD Experience is required
- 4 to 7 years of experience in leading capital projects for a high volume distribution network.
- Demonstrated expertise with all phases of project management and delivering on results.
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website