Job ID: 5664
RailWorks is seeking an Accounts Payable Associate to join our team in our Farmingdale, NY office. The AP Associate performs data entry in JD Edwards or other systems; creates updates and maintains files, spreadsheets and databases. Assists A/R, Payroll and admin team members as required to ensure deadlines are met.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Processes accounts payable including coding and posting accounts payable invoices
• Forwards invoices for approval
• Maintains AP files by vendors, reconciles statements and payable amounts
• Reconciles weekly cash requirement report
• Processes and maintains documentation and records control for purchase orders, bills of lading and packing slips.
• Verifies approvals on invoices and check requests
• Prepares and processes invoices and checks
• Performs data entry of invoices and payments
• Verifies expenses reports
• Processes wire transfers and ACH payments
• Prepares manual checks when necessary
• Coordinates mailing of payments to vendors
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
• Maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately
• Assists other accounting functions as needed
• Provides administrative and clerical support to the accounting department
Required Skills and Qualifications
• High school diploma; Associate's degree preferred
• A minimum of 0 to 1 year of accounts payable experience; background in construction accounting a plus
• Experience with JD Edwards a plus
• Knowledge of general accounting principles and applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, organize work, prioritize and work to deadlines.
• Superior problem-solving skills and ability to use judgment and common sense.
• Must be a team player! Interpersonal skills
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• Works in an office environment
• Frequently sits for long periods of time
• Frequently speaks, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard
• May require occasional standing, walking, lifting, stooping, or bending
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
RailWorks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website