Job ID: 6114
*This position requires extensive travel*
Reporting to the Superintendent or Project Manager, the Foreman is responsible for managing and directing a crew of workers to deliver a successful project by meeting or exceeding corporate and project goals for safety, quality, profitability and schedule, resulting in extreme customer satisfaction.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Pre-plans work activities with Superintendent to develop best means and methods, including safety action plans.
• Reviews all contracts, project documentation and plans to ensure that the work in the field is built to the most recent specifications.
• Plans the day to day operations on assigned project and ensures that proper resources are in place for the timely completion of work, including labor, tools, equipment and material.
• Takes responsibility for crew performance as it relates to company goals, safety audits, and following company policies and procedures. Initiates follow up action as necessary including training, orientation, discipline, etc.
• Conducts daily briefing with crew to review production goals, performance feedback, safety and schedule, hazards, and to solicit feedback from the workers.
• Maintains a dedication to safety at all times by modeling, providing education and enforcing safe work practices and company policies and procedures.
• Ensures that proper safety equipment is available and used by all field personnel.
• Communicates with customer and ensures a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Communicates with contractors or sub contractors to coordinate work, goals, etc.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
• Trains and motivates workers.
• Performs a variety of administrative tasks such as production reports, timesheets, equipment logs, inspection reports, change orders and updating project files.
• Performs other related administrative or project based duties as assigned.
- Travel will be required, up to 100% of the time.
• A minimum of 2 years related experience in the Railroad construction industry.
• Knowledge of all aspects of track construction and maintenance.
• Ability to read and understand project specific documents including schedules, standard railway plans and specifications.
• Ability to keep records and to prepare work and time reports.
• Ability to understand and efficiently carry out instructions.
• Ability to supervise the work of others and clearly communicate instructions to crew.
• Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work being performed.
• Strong client relation skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
• Works outdoors at construction sites.
• Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, lifts, bends, and moves objects up to 50 pounds.
• Exposed to all weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
• Exposed to loud noise.
• May be exposed to live track/trains and high voltage.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
RailWorks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website