Job ID: 6148
Oversees and manages all phases of construction projects including coordinating workers, materials and equipment, supervising sub-contractors and staff, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and that work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops plans and schedules for completion of construction projections.
- Reviews drawings and designs to ensure that specifications are being met.
- Performs in-depth review of all contract documents to become familiar with all details, notes, and requirements.
- Supervises the activities of craft workers and ensures all trade contractors are conforming to project specifications and building codes.
- Monitors and adheres to established budgetary guidelines for job, and ensures that cost control measures are being followed.
- Monitors quality standards of all jobs, including contractor performance, and ensures that all quality assurance and company standards are being met.
- Monitors job schedules and coordinates contractors' work and suppliers' deliveries, and equipment needs.
- Ensures that inspections are scheduled as appropriate.
- Manages administration of construction contracts and obtains required permits and licenses.
- Provides technical assistance regarding construction methods and equipment.
- Tracks and controls schedules and associated costs to achieve completion of project on time and within budget.
- Provides guidance in resolving construction problems encountered.
- Investigates alternative work methods and materials which will either improve efficiency and/or the quality of the work performed.
- Monitors job safety and safety training; enforces safety programs and OSHA Standards.
- Prepares and manages project closeout requirements.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
- Acts as liaison among owners, inspectors, staff and subcontractors.
- Assists with preparation of written reports and/or updates (internal and external) for management, client, and project team, to ensure a clear understanding of project status.
- Administers financial tracking systems to monitor project costs and estimates.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years of construction management experience including a thorough knowledge of construction industry practices, methods, processes, and standards and their impact on project activities.
- 5 years of track foreman (Railroad construction and maintenance) experience strongly preferred, transit projects experience is a BIG plus
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of basic projectcontrols (cost, schedule, change management, etc.), material management, contract management, subcontract management, safety, and quality.
- Ability to read, interpret, and comprehend drawings and specifications.
- Exhibits strong management skills and has the ability to motivate employees.
- Track record of successfully executing projects on schedule and within budget.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong client relations, influencing skills and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Frequently works outdoors at construction sites and occasionally works indoors.
- Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, stoops, and crouches while negotiating work areas under construction.
- Sits, reads, writes and uses a keyboard.
- May be exposed to harsh weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
- May be exposed to loud noise.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website