SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Transporter you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Rapides Regional Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Rapides Regional, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Paid Personal Leave
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Transporter where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!About this unit:
- Engaged leadership!
- Amazing teamwork.
- Opportunity to work on various cases.
- Follows established departmental procedures to accurately verify and transport the proper patient by visually checking patient identification and verifying with nursing staff.
- Transports patients, charts, specimens and required equipment to various treatment and diagnostic areas throughout the hospital in a safe and efficient manner 100% of the time. Provides emergency patient assistance as needed.
- Reports to nursing and notifies nursing staff of patient being transported and destination. Verifies the mode of transportation. Obtains patient chart, necessary paperwork, required linens and/or equipment.
- Initiates or assists in transfer process of patients from bed to mode of transportation. Requests and obtains instruction/assistance from nursing staff for patients that require isolation techniques, two-person lifts, bedpan/restroom assistance or that have support devices requiring special handling.
- Returns patient to bed using proper transfer techniques 100% of the time to avoid injury to patient and/or self.
- Notifies dispatcher of completion of assigned duties and proceeds as instructed. If a delay or problem occurs in transporting a patient, transporter informs dispatcher immediately and proceeds according to instruction issued.
- Returns equipment promptly to proper location after use, using proper infection control procedures. Notifies supervisor when equipment is deficient.
- Willingly wears radio equipment.
- Communicates professionally and according to department guidelines while utilizing radio equipment.
- Maintains radio equipment by returning it daily in good condition.
- Transport efficiency @ 15 minutes per transport or less.
- Transport percentage of transports within standard 98% or better.
QualificationsWhat Qualifications You Will Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- CPR for Healthcare Providers to be completed within 30 days of hire
Rapides Regional Medical Center is an award-winning 350+ bed hospital and ER in Alexandria, Louisiana that offers a wide array of services ranging from Cancer Care to Wound Care, and our medical staff includes doctors in more than 30 medical specialties.
At Rapides Regional we believe that well-defined values are the key to nurturing staff and patient satisfaction. By joining our team you contribute to the positive culture of the hospital, which directly impacts the well-being of your patients, their families, your colleagues, and your own personal job satisfaction. We invite you to learn firsthand what our unwavering commitment to patient satisfaction, service excellence and professional expertise can do for your career.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Transporter opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website