Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
14000 Fivay Rd Hudson, FL 34667
Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Histology Laboratory Assistant you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is a 290-bed acute care hospital founded in 1981 with a long and illustrious history of providing the highest level of critical care for our community. Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is the only Level II Trauma Center and Comprehensive Stroke Center in Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus Counties. Our quality programs have been recognized for excellence by US News & World Report, Thompson Reuters, UnitedHealth and the American Heart Association.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, we offer an array of benefits for PRN colleagues. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Medical Benefits designed to meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act
- Wellbeing Resources
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- HCA Healthcare Hope Fund
- Disaster Relief Support
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Histology Laboratory Assistant where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
This is a PRN/Per Diem (varying schedule) Histology Assistant position.
- Perform specimen processing duties on assigned shifts under the supervision of a histology technologist and direction of the department supervisor or manager
- Specimen pick-up, order entry, assisting with gross tissue handling, slide and block filing, sorting and discarding of specimens, preparation and tracking of samples for referral to external laboratories
- Support the department in achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities.
- A High School or GED
- 1-3 years in a clinical laboratory setting
- Lab Assistant experience preferred
Integrated Regional Labs is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida, and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories present in four HCA Healthcare divisions within the state of Florida. Our core laboratories support more than 250 acute and rehab hospitals, physician practices, surgery centers and commercial accounts.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Histology Laboratory Assistant opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Apply on company website