SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Statutory Teaching Hospital
- Adult Cardiac Surgery & Level 2 Cardiovascular Services
- Accredited Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons
- Leapfrog “A” Patient Safety Award
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety 2017- 2020 by Healthgrades
- Recognized by Healthgrades as one of the Top 100 Hospitals for Superior Clinical Outcomes in Orthopedic, Spine and Vascular Surgery.
- Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 16 years in a row (2005-2020)
- Five Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement 2020
- Five Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement 2020
- Five Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery for 2 years in a row (2019-2020)
- Recipient of Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award™ for 4 years in a Row (2017-2020)
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is currently accepting applications for a registered Ultrasound Technologist (Ultrasound Tech) on a PRN/per diem/as needed basis. Flexible availability to cover various shift hours on weekdays and weekends is required for consideration. Please note our facility is a Level II Trauma Center which requires availabilty for rotating call assignments. ARDMS and BLS required.The Ultrasound Tech administers ultrasound procedures for pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients as ordered by physicians and follows established standards and practices under the direction of the Radiologists.
- Possesses sound and thorough technical knowledge of all ultrasound and related equipment
- Possesses the appropriate knowledge of anatomy, physiology and disease processes relating to the areas of ultrasound performed
- Applies appropriate measurements relating to the study ordered and accurately measures/calculates regions of interest based on protocol
- Demonstrates good judgement by self-evaluation of the overall technical quality of the sonographic images, assuring all studies are performed according to protocol, are complete and only quality examinations are submitted for interpretation
- Demonstrates knowledge of specific conditions, diseases and treatment for specific patient populations
- Obtains and records all pertinent clinical information relating to the procedure ordered including but not limited to pregnancy, allergies, lab results, correlative exam results, reason for study and patient specific symptoms/complaints
- Completes all related documentation and charges according to department policy and procedure
- Demonstrates the safe operational requirements within the department
- Assists, transfers and positions patients as needed, ensuring modesty and physical safety, utilizing assist devices as indicated
- Checks operation of equipment, maintains cleanliness of the exam stretchers/tables and equipment to prevent cross-contamination of contagious diseases; keeps room stocked of all necessary supplies
- Completes ongoing continuing education to improve job performance and stay abreast of current trends/practices
- Attends in-service education, seminars or courses as necessary; participates in professional organizations
- Continues to educate self in modalities not currently registered
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is #1, apply now!
- Completion of a vocational/technical ultrasound program
- ARDMS certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Minimum of 1-3 years of recent ultrasound/sonography experience
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website