DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Statutory Teaching Hospital
- Adult Cardiac Surgery & Level 2 Cardiovascular Services
- Accredited Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons
- Leapfrog “A” Patient Safety Award
- Most recently earned an “A” grade in the Spring 2021 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, a national distinction recognizing achievements in protecting patients from errors, injuries, accidents, and infections
- Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 16 years in a row (2005-2020)
- Five Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement 2020
- Five Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement 2020
- Five Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery for 2 years in a row (2019-2020).
- Recipient of Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award™ for 4 years in a Row (2017-2020); Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety
- Recognized as one of the Top 100 Hospitals for Superior Clinical Outcomes in Orthopedic, Spine and Vascular Surgery
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is currently accepting applications for a registered Vascular Ultrasound Technologist (Tech) on a full-time basis. ARDMS, BLS and 1-3 years of experience required.The Vascular Ultrasound Tech performs diagnostic non-invasive vascular procedures on adult and geriatric patients with a high degree of quality as ordered by physicians and follows established standards and practices.
- Demonstrates strong and thorough technical knowledge of all diagnostic, non-invasive vascular and associated equipment
- Selects proper and accurate technical factors and techniques using universal precautions
- Evaluates the quality of the vascular procedure assuring protocols have been followed and optimal images are submitted for interpretation
- Demonstrates knowledge of specific conditions, diseases and treatment for specific patient populations
- Obtains and records all pertinent clinical information relating to the procedure ordered including but not limited to collaborative study results, reason for the procedure, patient complaints/symptoms and history relating to the ability to withstand a vascular procedure
- Facilitates vascular procedure by proper placement of the probe
- Demonstrates the safe operational requirements within the department
- Assists, transfers and positions patients as needed, ensuring modesty and physical safety, utilizing assist devices as indicated
- Checks operation of equipment, maintains cleanliness of procedure area and equipment to prevent cross-contamination of contagious diseases; keeps area stocked with necessary supplies
- Completes all related documentation and charges according to department policy and procedure
- Keeps up to date with changes in the field of vascular sonography by in-service study, courses/seminars and participation in professional organizations
At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point offers an array of medical, dental, and vision packages, Paid Time Off (PTO), as well as several add-on perks to make your total compensation package truly customizable. Options available when you join our team:
- Generous tuition reimbursement programs
- Flex-spending programs for eligible healthcare and dependent care expenses
- 401k with 100% annual match at 3%-9% of pay based on years of service
- Discounts for auto, home & even pet insurance
- Life & disability insurance upgrades
- Identity theft protection
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is #1, apply now!
Associate Degree/Graduate of a 2-year Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound program
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Minimum of 1-3 years of recent experience
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website