Primary Location: United States-MN-MNBloomington
Function: Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us. Due to the essential services we provide, we continue to accept applications and fill open positions. Providing round-the-clock care, we have full-time and part-time schedules open with all shifts available immediately.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at REM Hennepin, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
EasyApply on Indeed or Text MENTORJOBS to 97211 we have work for you.
REM Hennepin believes that all adults deserve the chance to live as independently as possible in the communities that they call home. We recognize that each person with autism or other autism spectrum disorders have unique needs and abilities and our continuum of supports for adults can be customized for individuals with autism. We focus our services on helping each adult become increasingly independent and active in their community. We partner with the individual, their family and other members of their support team to get to know them and design services around activities and goals that are important to them.
Individualized supports for adults with autism may include:
- Facilitating social skills groups
- Strengthening communication skills
- Strengthening social skills
- Conducting sensory therapies
- Assisting with specialized/modified diet needs
- Transporting to medical appointments
- Preparing meals
- Assisting with medication administration
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Bathing and toileting
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
- Paid Training
- Flexible Consistent Schedules
- Family-orientated environment, casual dress and employee events
- Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision) along with PTO and Holiday Pay for Full-time employees
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- Career development and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- Access to employee discounts with various vendors
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
Apply on company website