Direct Support Professional
Primary Location: United States-MS-MSMeridian
Function: Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of
utmost importance to us. Due to the essential services we provide as
Caregiver/Direct Support Professionals, we continue to accept
applications and fill open positions in our residential programs.
Providing round-the-clock care, we have full-time and part-time schedules open with all shifts available immediately.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at REM Mississippi, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
EasyApply on Indeed or Text MENTORJOBS to 97211, we have work for you!
Are you compassionate and caring?
Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference in the lives of others?
We have the perfect opportunity for you at REM Mississippi. Description
REM Mississippi is seeking Direct Support Professionals. Duties will include:
- Provide training, assistance and/or supervision to individualsin the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration, medication administration, and/or job skills development.
- Ensure goals are met.
- May coordinate, organize and/or assist with household activities such as housekeeping and meal preparation according to state requirements.
- Provide transportation for individualsreceiving services to planned and/or necessary activities and appointments including operating vans and/or mini vans as required.
- Maintain current progress and service notes.
- Completes and submits required documentation to direct supervisor in accordance with any applicable policies and deadlines.
- Provide direct supervisor with verbal feedback and data relevant to the individual’s services, Service Plan or administrative policy.
- Attend training and other meetings as required.
- Provide emergency coverage and/or care for individuals receiving services.
- Report incidents of maltreatment, medical and behavioral concerns in accordance with MENTOR policy.
- Maintain confidentiality, respects human rights and practices universal precautions in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
Benefits for full time staff:
- Flexible Spending
- Short Term Disability
- Paid training both at hire and throughout your employment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Through the partnership with The MENTOR Network, there are advancement opportunities both locally and nationally.
Apply on company website