Food Manufacturing Company is currently seeking a Safety Coordinator for their San Antonio South side plant.
This is a Direct Hire Opportunity! Must be Bilingual!!!
Schedule: Must have open availability and Must be able to work day shift and night shift. Will be discussed at time of interview.
Safety Coordinator is needed for the planning and implementation of occupational health, safety and environmental programs to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths, environmental impact and financial losses.
- Develop and maintain accident prevention and loss control systems
- Serve as backup liaison with outside organizations, such as OSHA, EPA, fire departments, mutual aid societies, rescue teams, etc.
- Oversee safety and environmental activities, through management personnel, to ensure implementation of safety and environmental activities throughout the organization.
- Identify and appraise conditions that may produce accidents and financial losses and evaluate potential extent of injuries and environmental hazard resulting from accidents.
- Compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data related to exposure factors concerning occupational illnesses and accidents and prepare reports for information to personnel involved or concerned.
- Perform Job Hazard Analysis to evaluate individual tasks for hazards identification and elimination, and minimization.
- Coordinate accident investigations with managers to include the evaluation of each investigation to ensure that the root cause or causes have been identified and that the corrective actions are appropriate and tracked to closure.
- Interface with the worker's compensation on individual cases by evaluating light duty needs, and working with the injured employees and managers
- Act as a team facilitator for site and/or program area safety committees. Give presentations to committees to enhance learning and updating committee members on plant safety.
- Perform all assigned tasks in a safe, efficient, timely, and accurate and highly productive manner according to company policy.
- Attend scheduled work hours on a regular and timely basis. Maintain good attendance. Comply with all company policies and procedures. Available on call in case of emergency situation.
- Conducts safety tours both formal (with safety committee) and informal, recognizing and following through on corrections of job hazards.
- Conduct safety training programs
- Assisting Operation Manager in plant safety and safety audits
- Assisting Operation Manager in environmental control and environmental audits
- Assist in light-duty programs and safety and environmental investigations.
- Work and communicate in a team environment. Other duties may be assigned as required by the Company.Come by either one of our offices and speak to a recruiter:
Come by and visit either one of our office and speak to a recruiter.
2518 Nacogdoches Rd. San Antonio, TX 78217
1950 S.W. Military Dr. San Antonio, TX 78221
- Must have a fully composed resume and 2 verifiable
- Must have open availability to work day and night shift
- MUST be bilingual
- Food Manufacturing a Plus but not a Must
- MUST have Safety experience
- Must meet all hiring criteria/Provide identity and eligibility to work in the US
- Must be a people person and like working with people
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
Apply on company website