Leading nationwide organization seeks a Cloud Architect to lead the architecture and design of the public and private cloud and on-prem infrastructure and security systems. As a member of the Enterprise Architecture team, the team-first/collaborative/flexible candidate will be responsible for assisting in the creation and maintenance of current and future state system documentation, technology selection strategies, technical roadmaps, and enterprise standards. Will work with IT operations, networking, and security teams to ensure that solutions are effective and in compliance with the overall enterprise architecture strategy and security standards. This position is partial-remote.
- Deliver modern architectural strategies for cloud resource procurement, deployment, governance, and cost management.
- Create hybrid architectural models that allow for a deploy anywhere strategy.
- Contribute to Company's governance frameworks spanning application, data, infrastructure, and security.
- Evaluate software, services, and integrations that present value to the enterprise.
- Work with enterprise architecture team on the development of application and information roadmaps for achieving the desired future state architecture.
- Work closely with DevOps resources to provide infrastructure as code solutions in the cloud.
- Gain and maintain strong knowledge of all core systems and how they interact.
- Establish automation for the creation and destruction of on-demand development and testing environments.
- Responsible for enhancing and maintaining current state logical system diagrams.
- Actively work on prototyping cloud services.
- Provide technical requirements for projects as needed to ensure all solutions don't lose sight of the long-term architecture and design strategy.
- Functions as a consultant and SME to Technology management and internal IT and InfoSec teams.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or technical equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with cloud technology, solutions, and cost management
- 10+ years technology experience in a networking, operations, or architect role
- Architect level understanding of Compute, Memory, Storage, cloud provisioning, security, auto-scaling, cost monitoring
- Architect level understanding of networking including firewalls, routers, access points, VPCs, etc.
- Robust experience in infrastructure, networking, and security both on-prem and in the cloud
- Experience with Agile and DevOps
- Expertise in cloud security and IAM systems
- Expertise in DR strategies and solutions
- Experience in evaluating software like SIEMs, APMs, WAFs, load balancers
- Experience with elastic compute, containers, container orchestration
- Experience with security scripting and automation
- System Integration background
Apply on company website