RemX is seeking an experienced Mortgage Underwriter for one of our great clients in North Dallas.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity with a company that has an amazing culture and values their employees.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Analyzes loan documentation for accuracy and completeness to assess credit worthiness and adherence to regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Verifies the income and employment information of loan applicants, reviews the applicant credit history and scores, and examines asset accounts for available funds for mortgage transactions.
- Analyzes loan documentation in order to determine credit worthiness and to detect signs of possible mortgage fraud or money laundering.
- Works with loan originators and production staff to compile required credit documentation.
- Reviews secondary resubmissions of credit documentation provided and prepare the necessary forms and worksheets to issue credit approval.
- Communicates credit decisions and answer loan amount questions to address issues on outstanding items required for credit approval.
- Exercises awareness with regard to possible suspicious activity, money laundering or fraudulent behavior and reports any such incidents to the BSA department. Performs all job functions in compliance with all company policies and federal, state, and local laws and regulations as applicable to the position, including, but not limited to BSA/AML, OFAC and GLBA/privacy rules.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business or a related field or equivalent years of experience.
- At least 3 years in mortgage industry as a mortgage underwriter including conventional, FHA, VA, RD. Prefer DE and/or SAR certified.
- Prefer related experience in financial services industry.
Apply on company website