DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Are you looking for a work environment as a Case Management Assistant where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with Research Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At RMC, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The case management assistant (CMA) will work under the direction of the RN case manager or social worker to assist with facilitating patient discharges requiring post-acute placement or services, and will identify and report barriers to discharges. The CMA will provide administrative support in Case Management functions.
About this unit:
- Amazing team work throughout all levels
- Coordinates with RN case manager and social worker for support needed. Communicates updates on progress throughout the day. Refers patient questions back to the case manager/social worker.
- Provides clerical support in multidisciplinary rounds, including updating NATE Tempo at direction of team.
- Makes referrals through the web-based referral system (nH Discharge/other) to the specific post-acute care (PAC) providers requested. Includes sending the appropriate packet of information from the medical record required for the level of care.
- Monitors patients with PAC referrals and intervenes to expedite discharge.
- Prioritizes workload to ensure a timely contact and intervention with PAC providers.
- Sends additional information to PAC provider when requested.
- Communicates with RN case managers/social workers regarding the status of PAC referrals, bed availability, and other barriers that cannot be resolved.
- Communicates results of PAC referrals with the patient, including having the Patient Choice letter signed.
- Monitors Medicare patient's planned discharge dates and delivers the Important Medicare Message (IMM) to the patient per facility policy.
- Delivers the Beneficiary Notice to patients identified as being in the BPCI-A program (Bundle Payment hospitals only).
- Obtains physician signature on required Case Management documents and forms.
- Based on facility practice; sets up transportation/sends information to Transfer Center and generates discharge packets for PAC transfers.
- Utilizes Case Management systems, standards, and processes.
- Maintains knowledge of and actively develops relationships with PAC providers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements, HCA Ethics and Compliance policies.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” and “Mission and Value Statement.”
What qualifications you will need:
Medical knowledge and terminology
Health care professional (CNA, EMT)
Minimum of one year experience in a health care setting
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website