DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It's an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we're connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Human Resources Coordinator to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Research Medical Center serves patients from a 150-mile region surrounding Kansas City by providing an abundance of services and access to advanced technology. The hospital, located at 2316 East Meyer Boulevard in Kansas City, Mo., is one of the region's leading acute care hospitals. The 511-bed facility features a broad range of highly specialized, state-of-the-art services. In addition, the 37-acre Research Brookside Campus, located at 6601 Rockhill Road in Kansas City, Mo., includes outpatient facilities, medical office buildings, and a comprehensive health and fitness center. Research Medical Center has received the Get With The Guidelines Coronary Artery Disease- Gold; the Get With the Guidelines Heart Failure-Gold Plus; and the Get With the Guidelines Stroke-Gold Plus Performance Achievement Awards from the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association. A total of 961 awards are given for achievement in Coronary Artery Disease, Stroke and/or heart failure treatment. Of 961, Research Medical Center was one of 33 to receive a Triple Gold Award.
As an Human Resources Coordinator you will support implementation of Human Resources (HR) strategies and Center of Excellence (COE) programs in their facility under the direction of the facility VP of HR:
Support effective employee access to HR services
- Implement HR programs/initiatives within the facility (or LOB) as directed by the VP of HR in collaboration with HR Business Partners, managers and employees.
- Support effective implementation of the HR Support Model; direct employees and managers to the appropriate source of information (self-service portal, HR Service Center) and facilitate access.
- Interface with the HR Service Center or HR Centers of Excellence as needed to support HCA program execution.
- Raise employee and manager awareness about available programs.
- Respond appropriately to time-sensitive HR issues; support planned response in safety or security emergencies affecting the facility (including weather).
- Support local employee engagement and community events or activities; coordinate employee recognition and service award events or program implementation.
- Distribute HR communications efficiently.
- Coordinate and provide support for Employee Activity Groups.
- Support implementation of department or facility action plans as a result of engagement survey results, sensing, etc.
- Ensure compliance with HCA HR policies and processes.
- Maintain confidential Employee Relations data to be sent to the HR Service Center as appropriate (documenting behaviors, discussions, disciplinary actions, etc.).
- Support local hiring processes defined by the Recruiting Center of Excellence. Post jobs locally if necessary. Facilitate onsite interview process as needed; revise job descriptions if needed, working with Recruiting and Compensation. Coordinate local orientation programs and assist with content delivery.
- Provide program support to compliance initiatives; gather information and help with preparation for compliance audits (OFCCP, Joint Commission, Dept. of Labor). Maintain required legal postings.
- Support learning and development activities at the facility (logistics, program tracking, completion of development plan actions, updating and preparing succession plan documentation, etc.).
- Support benefits enrollment at the location, setting up information sessions, directing employees to the appropriate web and call center resources.
- Assist in equipping managers for the salary and incentive planning process.
- Produce standard reports on HR metrics from core HR systems as required by the VP of HR.
- Assist employees with return to work from Leaves of Absence or Workers' Comp by performing tasks which cannot be performed by the HR Service Center (meeting with employees, completing local paperwork, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Less than 1 year of experience is required.
- HR experience (preferably healthcare/hospital environment) is highly preferred.
- Strong multi-tasking, prioritization, attention to detail and customer service skills are a must.
- This position has a heavy emphasis on the onboarding process (scheduling drug screens and coordinating backgrounds, following up with both hiring managers and candidates to ensure smooth transitions, excellent experience, etc.).
- College graduate highly preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website