Our client is known for the best service and the best people, always going above and beyond to provide top-notch service to our customers. As a leading global provider of supply chain solutions, the goal is to ensure that the customers have the products they need, when and where they need them — whether that is on a construction site or in a manufacturing plant. We back up those products with proven expert services that help companies increase efficiency and productivity, reduce costs, create safer workplaces, and achieve sustainability goals. If this is a culture you want to be a part of, we invite you to apply to a place where inclusion and diversity is valued and continuous improvement is a way of life.
Responsible for achieving inside sales revenue goals by obtaining and up-selling orders, creating customer satisfaction, and adding value to the customer's buying experience. May own a book of accounts.
- Obtains orders through email and telephone calls, verifies and enters items, transfers orders to fulfillment, explains stock-outs and expected delivery dates.
- Collaborates with outside sales to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Increases orders by suggesting related items, explains features, and checks customer's buying history.
- Owns, qualifies and develops opportunities passed from marketing, outside sales, and national accounts.
- Keeps abreast of new products.
- Identifies ways for continuous improvement of processes.
- Prepares, generates, and follows up on verbal or written quotations to secure orders, or determine reason for loss of order.
- Reviews open customer order reports and takes action on open items, including those items that may be at risk in meeting customer's promised delivery date.
- Maintains distribution system backorder report, associated customer expediting report and notices, and customer notification.
- Reports industry trends, competitive pricing and customer feedback to management.
- 2 years of sales and sales administration is required; 4 years preferred.
- 2 years of industry experience is preferred.
- High School Degree of Equivalent is required.
- Knowledge of electrical, construction or mechanical products is preferred.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously is required.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, and ability to perform basic computer skills is required.
- Ability to prospect and market concepts to existing and potentially new accounts is required.
- Ability to work in team environment is required.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written form is required.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Ability to interpret complex information is preferred.
- Ability to use win-win approach to resolve controversy, remain objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations, and maintain constructive working relationships despite disagreement is preferred.
- Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and realistic understanding of issues is required.
- Ability to influence others is required.
- Ability to prepare for emerging customer is preferred.
- Technical aptitude for equipment and service related issues is preferred.
- General Office – Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
- Employee required to problem-solve.
- Employee required to communicate with the public.
Apply on company website