South Austin manufacturer has immediate need for 1st shift Production Team Lead on 1st shift!
1st shift - 7a-3:30p plus over time as needed - Pay Depending on Experience $17+ per hour - eligible for hire after 60 days
General Responsibilities and Task Management:
• Work to ensure people and resources are applied in an efficient and effective manner to meet delivery requirements while achieving quality and safety standards during the production shift
• Ensure that team members follow defined manufacturing procedures and comply with quality requirements
• Ensure equipment is within calibration and all systems are functioning correctly before usage • Ensure all records are completed appropriately and in a timely manner
• Ensure that non-conforming material is clearly identified and segregated from good materials • Ensure that the escalation procedure for quality concerns is followed and resolution identified • Ensure achievement of production throughput against stated capacity targets.
• Ensure the team are aware of day to day targets and responsibilities
• Manage work order closures and stock control transactions
• Maintain visible lead for adherence to procedures and instructions
• Monitor change over and/or line set up efficiency
• Prepare line set-ups for production shift to include materials, equipment and staffing
• Monitor and maintain all safety equipment and tools
• Undertake continuous training and development
• Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems with management
• Identify process improvement opportunities within the organization
• Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required
• Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department
And other tasks as assigned
- Experience of leading small group activities to drive improvement ideas
- Experience of assisting and developing (multi-skilled) people
- Strong skills and experience of packaging responsibilities
- Knowledge of managing Quality standards
- Understanding of production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work
- High School Diploma; some college work preferred.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. from pallet to floor.
Apply on company website