DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Located in the outskirts of Washington, D.C, Reston Hospital Center, a 199-bed acute facility, lies within the vibrant Town Center of Reston, known for its lively mix of restaurants, shops, and services. Reston Hospital Center is an HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Reston Hospital Center holds certifications within our stroke and total joint center and is accredited in the chest pain center. Most importantly, Reston Hospital Center is dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community by putting patients first.
Our patients are our priority, but so are you!
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Central Sterile Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
- Maintains a clean, well-stocked, hazard free work area. Cleans and maintains patient care items &/or specialty trays for other departments.
- Transports instruments sets and equipment to various units in the hospital as assigned or needed.
- Demonstrates awareness of infection control and safety protocols.
- Communicates information concerning instruments and equipment to the OR Nursing staff through correct/complete count sheets.
- Communicates frequently with the SPD supervisor/OR Charge Nurse &/or Team Leader.
- Is alert to changes in schedule that require instrument set availability and prioritizes processing instrument sets accordingly.
- Assists the clinical staff as needed to locate required instrumentation or to complete instrument sets.
- Puts away any unused supplies, or instruments.
- Works as a collaborative member of the SPD team.
- Cleans, prepares and sterilizes instrument sets according to procedures. Ensures set completion Notify appropriate staff if additional instruments must be ordered.
- Responsible and competent to clean and operate Steam and ETO Gas autoclaves, Sonic cleaner and 4-cube washer.
- Responsible for proper cleaning/operation of steam autoclaves in sterile core.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience: Minimum one year sterile processing experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website