DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility-based staff continue to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Located in the outskirts of Washington, D.C, Reston Hospital Center, a 245-bed acute facility, lies within the vibrant Town Center of Reston, known for its lively mix of restaurants, shops, and services. Reston Hospital Center is an HCA facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Reston Hospital Center Awards and Distinctions
- Accredited by the Joint Commission with a Gold Seal of Approval
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
- Primary Stroke Center with Gold Seal of Approval
- Total Joint Replacement Center for Hip and Knee Replacement with Gold Seal of Approval
- MBSAQIP accreditation for our bariatric surgery program
Our patients are our priority, but so are you!
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met.
- Medical and Dental coverage
- Paid Family Leave
- Matching 401(k)
- Tuition assistance
- Student loan repayment
- Family and medical flex spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Identity theft protection
- Much, much more!
We are currently seeking a Full Time Certified Pharmacy Technician. Under the supervision of the Lead Pharmacy Technician and/or Licensed Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician assists in the various activities of the pharmacy department. Such duties include, but need not be limited to:
- Maintaining patient records.
- Setting up, packaging, and labeling medication doses.
- Filling and dispensing routine orders for stock supplies of patient-care areas.
- Refilling and inventorying automated dispensing machines, maintaining inventories of medication supplies.
- Mixing medications with parenteral fluids.
- Processing medication orders or prescriptions, accurately and safely compounds medications and/or IV admixtures in acceptable dosage forms, appropriately packages and dispenses pre-manufactured dosage forms.
- Uses appropriate techniques for storage, preparation, and dispensing of medicinal agents and follows the health system's policies regarding cart fill, unit dose distribution, medication preparation and labeling, controlled substances reconciliation, and ensuring that EMT boxes and medications for crash carts are stocked, checked, and ready to be dispensed.
- Assist in delivery of medications/requisitions to nursing stations and other hospital departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned or scheduled.
- Completion of a Pharmacy Technician course in a community college, in the military service or in another institution; or presently enrolled in pharmacy school (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Certification (required)
- Virginia Board of Pharmacy Technician Registration (required)
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) National Certification (required)
- Six (6) months pharmacy experience (required)
- Full Time
- Mixed Shifts (day/evening)
- Weekend & Holiday Requirements
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website