DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Seeking advancement? Passionate about women's health?
Consider our 2020 Labor and Delivery StaRN Nurse Residency Program!
Reston Hospital Center, a 187- bed acute care facility, is aHospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune's 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S. We offer a full range of medical services, including 24/7 emergency care, and specialize in maternal/child health, among many other things.
We are a certified Stroke Center, certified Total Joint Center, and the only accredited Chest Pain Center in Northern Virginia. We are the only Hospital in Northern Virginia to receive Joint Commission designation as a Top Performer on Key Quality measures for 3 consecutive years. A caring organization, we are dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community.
Labor & Delivery Unit
StaRN Program (16 weeks total):
Our StaRN Program will provide you with the tools necessary to succeed in today's hospital environment. It will help you transition out of the classroom setting and onto the unit by providing the following training:
· 6 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
· 10 weeks preceptorship
· Certifications: NRP, STABLE, ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, CPI
After StaRN, you will transition into our Professional Development Residency:
· 9 month program factored into a full time position on the unit
· You will learn Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
· You will collaborate with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
· Your project has an opportunity to gain recognition by corporate for further recognition
Additional Information about Our Unit:
· Our 16 bed unit provides a warm environment for our patients by offering private labor and birthing rooms that include private baths and comfortable furniture and sleep sofas for overnight stay
- Our team is driven, focused, and supportive of each other
- Our leaders have a passion for supporting your professional goals, teaching you excellent practices, and building your collegial relationships
- We have a 1:2 patient/nurse ratio and we are actively looking for motivated nurses who are passionate about Labor and Delivery and customer service focused
- You will get to experience critical care at its best on our unit.
WHAT BENEFITS DO WE OFFER?
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment.
Intrigued? Don't wait, apply today. We are actively reviewing applications for motivated new grads who will help us raise the bar in patient care! Be a part of an organization that invests in you. HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues and we are committed to providing you with the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We would love to speak with you about this fantastic opportunity.
Required: RN Licensure; Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6
Preferred:Experienced RN or New Grad with previous related work experience in women's health
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website