DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Respiratory Therapy team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
Reston Hospital Center is a 187-bed hospital offering a full range of medical services, including 24-hour emergency care, specializing in maternal/child health, surgical services, urological services, cancer care with state-of-the-art radiation therapy, rehabilitation therapy programs and a wide array of diagnostic imaging capabilities.
What would you be doing in this role?
· Per established department policies and procedures, access, educate, administer and appropriately document:
a. Oxygen Therapy
b. Aerosol Therapy
c. Mechanical ventilation/BIPAP
d. Arterial blood gas obtainment and analysis
e. Standard pre and/or post bronchodilator bedside pulmonary function studies
f. Standard electrocardiogram
g. Holter EKG administration
k. Prepare patient/Assist doctor with Stress Treadmill Testing
· Respond to all code blue, rapid response and code pink situations at any location on the hospital campus and help establish/maintain airway, support ventilation, suctioning, emergency arterial blood gas sampling and closed chest massage as needed.
· Maintain current adult/ infant CPR and ACLS certifications.
· Perform/comply with all department policies, procedures and related documentation as outlined in department policy and procedure manuals. This includes but is not limited to: inventory control, quality control, preventative maintenance cleaning, patient charges, infection control, safety, fire, emergency plans, in-service, scheduling outpatients, typing reports, and orientation of new employees as requested.
· Transport all necessary equipment to and from patients to site where procedures are to be administered.
· Appropriately cleans, processes, reassembles, tests and documents all equipment utilized prior to next patient use, per department policies.
· Respond to overhead and bell boy paging in timely fashion.
Education: Graduate of an NBRC approved program for respiratory therapy, qualifying candidate for certification/registry.
License: Current Licensure as a Respiratory Therapist in the Commonwealth of Virginia
Certification: CRT or RRT from National Board Respiratory Care (NBRC); BCLS, NRP, ACLS within 90 days of hire and PALS within 90 days of hire.
Experience: Previous experience in all aspects of respiratory care preferred.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website