SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Inpatient Rehab team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
Reston Hospital Center is a 231-bed hospital offering a full range of medical services, including 24-hour emergency care, specializing in maternal/child health, surgical services, urological services, cancer care with state-of-the-art radiation therapy, rehabilitation therapy programs and a wide array of diagnostic imaging capabilities.
What would you do in this role?
* Knowledge of the principles, methods, practices, techniques, equipment and procedures used in speech therapy
* Knowledge of the normal development of speech, language and hearing
* Ability to perform diagnostic tests for communication disorder and formulate a treatment plan
* Ability to interact with clients to understand their communication or swallow needs and to assist in achieving their specific program goals.
* Collects and integrates data from multiple sources
* Applies critical thinking skills and considers alternatives
* Organizes and prioritizes multi-task workload
* Assesses health literacy and incorporates teaching with a focus on health promotion
* Plans, evaluates and administers speech therapy programs to in-patient and out-patient populations
* Completes accurate, timely documentation, appropriately using computer charting/ordering
Education: Masters degree in Speech-Language Hearing Pathology.
Licensure: Current licensure for the practice of Speech/Language Pathology in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Certification: Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech and Hearing Association. BLS required.
Experience: 3-4 years experience in evaluation and treatment of patients with neurological disorders/diseases, (i.e., VCA, multiple sclerosis, ALS). Experience should include clinical competence with aphasia, apraxia, dysarthria, R hemisphere cognitive communication disorders. 2 years experience with evaluation and treatment of patients with cognitive disorder secondary to traumatic brain injury. 2-3 years experience with evaluating and treating patients with dysphagia to include experience conducting videofluorscopic evaluation with Radiology Department and determine feeding and treatment recommendations. 3 years experience with patients with functional voice disorders, laryngectomy. 1 year experience with patients and fluency disorders.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website