DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We are seeking a Ultrasound Tech for swing shift from 10:00 am - 8:00 pm to help provide our patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team working hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Reston Hospital Center is a 231-bed hospital offering a full range of medical services, including 24-hour emergency care, specializing in maternal/child health, surgical services, urological services, cancer care with state-of-the-art radiation therapy, rehabilitation therapy programs and a wide array of diagnostic imaging capabilities. Reston Hospital Center is a certified Stroke Center, certified Total Joint Center and the only accredited Chest Pain Center in Northern Virginia, as well as the only Hospital in Northern Virginia to receive Joint Commission designation as a Top Performer on Key Quality measures for three consecutive years.. We are dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community and we value teamwork and compassion across the spectrum of care.What would you do in this role?
1. Performs all ultrasound procedures in strict accordance with currently approved practices as outlined in department policy and procedure manuals and complying with all applicable federal, state, local and other regulatory requirements.
2. Communicates to the patient the nature of the procedure and answers questions clarifying the procedure for the patient.
3. Demonstrates practical application of age-related factors.
4. Assures patients rights and privacy are maintained.
5. Reports any significant problems related to patient, physicians, ultrasound procedures, housekeeping, maintenance, supplies, or personnel to Technical Director.
6. Responsible for proper documentation and maintenance of all required department records.
7. Perform diagnostic abdominal ultrasound studies in 45 minutes or less.
8. Perform miscellaneous diagnostic ultrasound (i.e. thyroid, carotids) in 30 minutes of less.
9. Perform diagnostic renal ultrasonography in one hour 30 minutes of less.
10. Perform limited abdominal ultrasonography (i.e., gall bladder, aorta, renal) in 30 minutes of less.
Education: Graduate of program in Ultrasound Technology approved by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association or documented equivalent education, experience, and training.
Certification: BCLS Required.
Experience: Ability to perform Ultrasound procedures following accepted standards and protocols.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website