Revere Hotel Boston Common
The Event Meeting Manager brings to bear their organizational and detailing skills to identify and implement profitable execution of all groups. Ensure that each group that the manager is responsible for meets or exceeds their revenue expectations based on their contracts. Active and positive contribution towards a high performance culture within the Convention Services Department through customer advocacy, sustained revenue achievement, communication and team participation.
- Prior experience in the field of hospitality with specific experience in catering sales is essential.
- 1+ year within the Hospitality Industry required.
- Must have experience at a similar size and quality hotel.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi.
- Knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and motivation of peers.
- Knowledge of hotel features, benefits, and competing hotels within the market.
- Ability to execute appropriate action plans.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
- An understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual budget process.
- Understand the importance of raising the meeting planner evaluation scores and implement effective methods to ensure exceeding meeting planner satisfaction.
- Optimize room rental charges.
- Consistently participate in the re-booking of repeat business by having a track record of long term client relationships.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE, MPI).
- Thorough knowledge of sales techniques including strong closing skills as well as negotiating skills.
- Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client presentations.
- Excellent creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus, and functions for groups. Ability to generate creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on pricing specialty menus.
- Work closely with banquet department on operations and event execution. Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations. Detailed execution of all banquet event orders generated by the Convention Services Department.
- Experience providing Audio/Visual equipment and operating Audio/Visual as a profit center.
- Excellent knowledge of computers, specifically Delphi, Word and Excel.
- Monitor group room blocks and pick up, generate detailed resumes for the operating departments.
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all events/groups.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Apply on company website