We are looking for talented individuals who share our dedication to the people we serve and support.
If you are a positive and personable Registered Nurse looking for a unique and fun opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and watch them thrive?
Then join our clinical team at RHA Health Services!
We are seeking an outgoing and energetic Registered Nurse who wants to make a difference in the lives of others. As a nurse with RHA will have an opportunity to practice holistic nursing and to positively impact the lives of others by providing healthcare oversight and monitoring for the people we serve.
As a Registered Nurse with RHA, you will provide health-related training to the staff and people supported, provide routine nursing assessments, assist with ensuring preventative and routine medical appointments are scheduled, and be an active participant in each individual's person-centered plan to help them reach their fullest potential. You will interact with staff at the RHA office as well as in the residential homes.
Additional responsibilities of the Registered Nurse include:
- Observing, assessing and evaluating the health needs and conditions of the people we serve
- Teaching the people we serve to monitor their health and take their medication as appropriate
- Reviewing documentation collected by residential care employees
- Perform quality assurance checks and observations to ensure Direct Care Assistants are correctly monitoring the health and safety of the people we serve in residential homes
- Serve on the safety committee
- Conduct nursing house assessments to ensure medications are stored according to state regulations
- Provide enhanced nursing services
- Teaching health-related training to direct support staff
Our ideal Registered Nurse has excellent listening and communication skills, can pick up on nonverbal communication and is eager to work on nonstandard nursing assignments.
Additional requirements for the Registered Nurse include:
- Associate's degree in Nursing required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Valid state RN certification
- Experience working with individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities preferred
- Valid driver's license and auto insurance
- Ability to lift between 20 and 50 pounds and provide CPR after certification
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Ability to remain calm in crisis situations
As an RN with RHA, you can expect a competitive market pay rate and an excellent benefits package to help you maintain a successful work-life balance. We are committed to maintaining a strong, dedicated workforce through innovative recruitment, comprehensive screening and competitive benefits and compensation programs.
Our leadership development and training is specifically designed to develop, retain and reward qualified and professional employees. Registered Nurses can pursue additional education and professional certifications through our tuition reimbursement program and move into supervisory and management roles in various areas of RHA.
The greatest benefit of a career at RHA is the difference you make in the lives of the people we serve. Our holistic person-centered approach, respected across North Carolina and throughout the Human Services industry, leads our employees to see the people we serve less as clients and more as friends.
Additional benefits for FULL-TIME Registered Nurses include:
• Competitive compensation program including regular performance feedback and coaching
• Healthcare insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Voluntary Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Telemed and Pharmacy Insurance,
Health Advocate service which assists employees find doctors, schedule appointments, estimate costs, answer medical/prescription questions, resolve medical claims issues and basically does the leg-work for employees
• Offering free diabetic medication and supplies
• 401(k) retirement savings program with Wells Fargo
• Paid Time Off
• Company sponsored Life and AD&D Insurance
• Extensive Wellness Programs including company paid scholarships for healthy weight management and nicotine cessation, several wellness challenges and rewards through the year.
• Free Annual Health Screening and wellness coaching event.
• Discounted medical premiums for nicotine free employees.
• Free CPR, first aid and job specific training opportunities
• Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.
Apply on company website