We are looking for talented individuals who share our dedication to the people we serve and support.
Calling all compassionate and caring behavioral health licensed professionals who are looking to partner with a community-based service provider offering mental health and substance abuse services where individuals live and work. RHA Behavioral Health Services is looking for dedicated Behavioral Health Team Leaders to lead an interdisciplinary healthcare team providing support to individuals in residential, school, workplace and community settings.
In this dynamic and rewarding role, there is an emphasis on creating interventions that are strength-based and focused on promoting recovery, symptom reduction, increased coping skills, and achievement of the highest level of functioning for the client in the community. If you're looking for an opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve then consider RHA Behavioral Health Services where we put people first!
Behavioral Health Team Leaders Serve as the primary team leader supporting individuals with Mental Health or Substance Abuse Issues in residential, school, workplace and community settings. Coordinates and monitors the array of services and supports identified in each person's Person Centered Plan.
Additional responsibilities of the Behavioral Health Team Leader include:
- Works closely with paraprofessional and clinical/professional staff to maintain communication and provide feedback, standardize procedures and expedite PCP implementation.
- Participates in a first responder on-call system available to consumers and/or his/her natural support network on a 24/7/365 basis; coordinates “first response” resources according to consumer need and the PCP.
- Provides employees with individual-specific training and training in the knowledge, skills, and abilities required by the population and age to be served.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and applying corrective action to employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Completes Service Authorization Requests as needed and ensure that current service authorization is in place prior to the provision of any service
- Provides clinical supervision to all employees
- Minimizes the negative effects of psychiatric symptoms or substance dependence that interfere with the recipient's daily living and personal development.
- Completes documentation of services including a daily full service note that includes the name of the person supported, Medicaid identification number, date of service, purpose of contact, describes the interventions, includes the time spent performing the interventions, effectiveness of the intervention, the signature and credentials of the staff providing the service.
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of others please apply!
Our ideal Team Leader is a professional who is an excellent communicator and listener with strong therapeutic skills who works well as part of an interdisciplinary team and runs open and productive therapy sessions. You must also excel at behavioral interviewing techniques to uncover service user needs and be able to anticipate these needs.
Additional Requirements Include:
May be required to be a Qualified Professional as defined by the service definition requirements. Qualified Professional is defined as an individual who is:
- (a) an individual who holds a license, provisional license, certificate, registration or permit issued by the governing board regulating a human service profession, except a registered nurse who is licensed to practice in the State of North Carolina by the North Carolina Board of Nursing who also has four years of full-time accumulated experience in MH/DD/SA with the population served; the QP function may be completed by a Certified Clinical Addiction Specialist (CCAS) or Certified Clinical Supervisor (CCS);
- or (b) a graduate of a college or university with a Master's degree in a human service field and has one year of full-time post-graduate degree accumulated MH/DD/SA experience with the population served;
- or (c) a graduate of a college or university with a bachelor's degree in a human service field with two years of full-time, post-bachelor's degree accumulated MH/DD/SA experience with the population served; or
- (d) A graduate of a college or university with a bachelor's degree in a field other than human services with four years of full-time, post-bachelor's degree accumulated MH/DD/SA experience with the population served. Must meet the education, experience, licensure/certification requirements specified by the service definition of the service being provided
- General working knowledge of the human services delivery system in North Carolina
- Valid driver's license, auto insurance and reliable transportation
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
- Ability to lift between 20 and 50 pounds and meet the physical requirements of performing CPR and therapeutic holds
- Employee supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) preferred
The greatest benefit of a career at RHA is the difference you make in the lives of our service users. Our holistic person-centered approach and focus on quality assurance, respected across North Carolina and throughout the Human Services industry supports our reputation for innovative programs and positive outcomes.
RHA Behavioral Health Services offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to eligible employees that are aimed at supporting your health and wellness, financial planning, work-life balance, and protection from the unexpected.
The comprehensive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees includes:
- Competitive compensation program including regular performance feedback and coaching
- Healthcare insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Voluntary Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Telemed and Pharmacy Insurance, Health Advocate service which assists employees find doctors, schedule appointments, estimate costs, answer medical/prescription questions, resolve medical claims issues and basically does the leg-work for employees
- Offering free diabetic medication and supplies
- 401(k) retirement savings program with Wells Fargo
- Paid Time Off
- Company sponsored Life and AD&D Insurance
- Extensive Wellness Programs including company paid scholarships for healthy weight management and nicotine cessation, several wellness challenges and rewards through the year.
- Free Annual Health Screening and wellness coaching event.
- Discounted medical premiums for nicotine free employees.
- Free CPR, first aid and job-specific training opportunities
Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve!
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.
Apply on company website