DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Coord IRF/PAI to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, student loan repayment program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Rio Grande Regional Hospital – McAllen, TX
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH), an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 30 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient services.
What you will do in this role:
- Thoroughly researches clinical documentation for evidence of co-morbid conditions. Verifies accuracy of coding under direction of attending Rehab physician.
- Responsible for staff education to improve CARE score accuracy.
- Reviews clinical documentation and makes recommendations to clinical supervisors in areas needing improvement to support and validate rehab criteria compliance.
- Oversees/completes and ensures the accuracy and the completion of the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility-Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI) prior to electronic transmission.
- Serves as an information source and educator to IRF-PAI users.
- Collaborates with physicians and interdisciplinary team members to make the most accurate assessment of the needs and strengths of patients.
- Maintain a current knowledge of the PAI software and provides expertise on this software within the inpatient rehab setting.
- Provides ongoing education to the staff of the hospital to ensure accurate and timely completion of the PAI.
- Maintain updated and ongoing knowledge of the regulations concerning the PAI and its completion within the inpatient rehab setting.
- Verifies appropriate CMG designation through chart review, staff interview and collaboration with Rehab Medical Director
- Coordinates the completion of the admission assessment of the PAI by the fourth (4th) day of the patient's stays and the fifth (5th) day following discharge for each inpatient rehabilitation patient. May require discussions/interactions with various staff members concerning differences in reported functional status to complete the PAI. Submits completed IRF PAI to HIM Department for coding transmittal.
- Periodically audits PAI, clinical documentation and billing information to ensure accuracy and consistency of documentation. Works closely and collaboratively with all members of the clinical team to ensure compliance at all levels.
- Demonstrates effective critical thinking skills.
- Utilizes appropriate leadership skills in delegating, organizing and educating coworkers and staff.
- Promotes participation, cooperation and teamwork. Demonstrates problem solving in resolving issues. Demonstrates clear and effective communication skills.
- Participates in leadership meetings.
What qualifies you:
- Two or more years of experience as a licensed clinician in an acute hospital or rehabilitation setting preferred
- Ability to operate basic computer and data management software
- CARE credentialed within 90 days of hire
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website