SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Patient Care Assistant to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Rio Grande Regional Hospital – McAllen
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH), an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 30 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient services.
What you will do in this role:
- Under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, serves as a member of the healthcare team by providing assistance with activities of daily living.
- These include, but are not limited to, personal care, ambulation and care of the general medical/surgical patient with special emphasis on geriatric and post-operative care.
- Documentation of observations and baseline measurements onto medical record expected. May access general supply storage areas where saline flushes and procedure trays are stored.
- Provides care as assigned to meet the patients' personal needs
- Documents data appropriately in the patients' medical record
- Assists with admission/discharge needs
- Collaborates with caregivers to provide alternative measures of pain management
- Transports patients in a safe and effective manner using acceptable body mechanics
- Reports changes in patient condition and/or basic monitoring parameters to assigned nurse promptly
- Provides age appropriate care to all patient populations for which staff member is responsible and trained for: Youth=13-17 years, Adult = 18-59 years, Geriatric=60 & over.
What qualifications you will need:
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certification required.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification.
- One year of experience in an acute care setting, preferred.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website