DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Riverside Community Hospital, Founded in 1901, is a 478 licensed bed, full-service acute care hospital in the heart of the Inland Empire. Riverside Community Hospital is Gold Seal Certified by The Joint Commission in Total Hip and Total Knee replacement and is an “A” graded hospital in patient safety by The Leapfrog Group. RCH has been recognized as a Top Performing Hospital and has invested in a new campus expansion project that includes a new 7 story patient tower, 3 story medical office building, and a recently completed 5 level state of the art parking garage. With over 500 physicians on staff, representing over 200 specialties and over 1,900 employees, Riverside Community Hospital is an Inland Empire leader in providing advanced, comprehensive health care to the Inland region. RCH houses the largest Emergency Room and Trauma Center in the Inland Empire at 50 beds with an average wait time of only 15 minutes. RCH is one of Riverside County's only STEMI receiving centers and is a fully accredited Chest Pain Center. Centers of Excellence include the HeartCare Institute, offering invasive and non-invasive cardiac procedures, Center of Excellence for Surgical Weight Loss, the Transplant Program and a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. Position Summary: The cytotechnologist participates in all cytology procedures and examinations, assisting FNA procedures, and picking up and accessioning of specimens. He/she is responsible for the accurate microscopic evaluation and diagnosis of both gynecologic and nongynecologic cytological material. He/she must demonstrate the appropriate knowledge in order to accurately interpret cells and cellular components in normal and diseased states. He/she will prepare provisional diagnosis for all specimens to be reviewed by a pathologist, and performs and provides guidance to Cyto-Prep personnel's in the processing and staining of a variety of specimens. He/she will maintain daily workload records, prepares summary reports, and assure cytology compliance with CAP and JACHO requirements..
- Current CT license certified through the state of California.
- Current ASCP membership
- Bachelor's degree in one of the physical sciences, plus 12 months training in an accredited school of Cytotechnology and pass a national examination for certification approved by the State Board.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Non-Gyn cytology screening is preferred.
- Professional knowledge (such as would be acquired through a baccalaureate program) which includes cytotechnology principles, concepts, and methodology sufficient to perform a broad range of tests, including routine as well as the nonroutine (specialized) cytologic analyses.
- Knowledge of body systems, to facilitate the evaluation of specimens obtained by a variety of techniques to include fine needle aspiration of major organ system and subcutaneous masses.
- Understanding of the relationship between relevant clinical data and a variety of complex, similar, yet different, often overlapping morphological changes and criteria, to arrive at an accurate diagnostic judgment and acommendation.
- Understanding of anatomy, function, and physiology of all body systems and sites, as well as of the cells and cellular functions native to those sites, as well as normal and abnormal cellular changes which may occur.
- Knowledge of accrediting /regulatory agency (CLIA, JCAHO, ASCP, CMS, OSHA, and COC) requirements sufficient to ensure that work and procedures are consistent with the standards.
- Knowledge and skills sufficient to provide technical instructions on problems and advise other departments on cytologic changes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website