SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Founded in 1901, Riverside Community Hospital is a 478 licensed bed, full-service acute care hospital in the heart of the Inland Empire. RCH has been recognized as a Top Performing Hospital and has invested in a new campus expansion project that includes a new 7 story patient tower, 3 story medical office building, and a recently completed 5 level state of the art parking garage. With over 500 physicians on staff, representing over 200 specialties and over 1,900 employees, Riverside Community Hospital is an Inland Empire leader in providing advanced, comprehensive health care to the Inland region. RCH houses the largest Emergency Room and Trauma Center in the Inland Empire at 50 beds with an average wait time of only 15 minutes. RCH is one of Riverside County's only STEMI receiving centers and is a fully accredited Chest Pain Center. Centers of Excellence include the HeartCare Institute, offering invasive and non-invasive cardiac procedures, Center of Excellence for Surgical Weight Loss, the Transplant Program and a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.Riverside Hospital is Gold Seal Certified by The Joint Commission in Total Hip and Total Knee replacement and is an “A” graded hospital in patient safety by The Leapfrog Group.
Our Social Services teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Medical Social Worker is responsible for promoting patient-centered care by evaluating psychosocial needs, providing community service coordination for identified patient populations, and providing support and crisis intervention where indicated. The social worker acts as a liaison between the patient and community resources/post-acute care providers. The social worker creates and facilitates timely implementation of discharge plans and arranges post-acute interventions identified in the plan of care. The social worker facilitates patient movement across the continuum of care and identifies, addresses, and tracks barriers to patient throughout.
Acute care Social Work experience preferred.
LCSW Licensure required.
Certification in Social Work or Case Management preferred (CCM)
Master of Social Work (MSW) required
- Knowledgeable about internal, community and post-acute resources
- Basic Social Work Skills including but not limited to empathy, sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity, advocacy, communication and crisis intervention.
- In partnership with RN CM, the Social Worker is responsible for ensuring the post-acute medical needs and level of care are appropriate.
- The Social Worker will respond timely to referrals from RN CM or other staff when risk factors for social determinants of health are identified.
- Perform thorough assessments and develop appropriate plans of care for high risk patients with discharge planning or psychosocial needs.
- Perform proactive discharge planning.
- Complete Discharge Planning Evaluations.
- Provide expertise in post-acute services and community resources.
- Identify and address barriers to discharge and recovery, including financial, emotional, psychosocial, medical & spiritual.
- Provide psychosocial support and resources.
- Provide education to patients and caregivers regarding community resources and post-acute level of care criteria, benefits, and coverage.
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating family conferences.
- Engage in community outreach and program development to support patient and caregiver needs.
- Participate in interdisciplinary care planning process.
- Maintain effective communication between members of the care team.
- Provide expertise in ethics cases.
- Assist patients and caregivers with end of life issues, from advance directives to grief support.
- Provide psychosocial support to patients and caregivers for adjustment to patients' chronic and/ or terminal illness/death.
- Assist with orientation and training when onboarding new Social Workers to the Department.
- Serve as a Preceptor for MSW Interns.
- Assist with special departmental projects as needed.
- Serve as a Lead as needed.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility-based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website