Riverside Research is currently seeking a Communications Operator/Technician SME to support AFLCMC/HN FAB-T
FAB-T is an ACAT ID program providing a Family of Beyond Line-of- Sight (BLOS) SATCOM terminals.
FAB-T is an ACAT ID program to develop nuclear event-survivable terminals capable of communicating with the MILSTAR and AEHF satellite constellations using both the EHF and AEHF jam-resistant, low probability of intercept and low probability of detection waveforms. These terminals will be an essential component of the strategic nuclear execution system.
The Command Post Terminal (CPT) subprogram provides a nuclear survivable terminal capable of communicating with the MILSTAR and AEHF satellites from airborne, ground fixed, and mobile locations and supports: Nuclear Command, Control, & Communications (NC3) data transport services (EAM injection, dissemination and report back); Telemetry, Tracking & Control for the MILSTAR and AEHF constellations; an interface for the Presidential and National Voice Conferencing (PNVC) capability; and Integrated Tactical Warning and Attack Assessment survivable data relay. The CPT will replace existing MILSTAR-only terminals for ground fixed and mobile command locations, as well as in the airborne E-4B and E-6 aircraft.
The Force Element Terminal (FET) subprogram provides a nuclear survivable terminal capable of communicating with the MILSTAR and AEHF satellites to support survivable NC3 data transport services (EAM dissemination and force report back) for airborne platforms, including, B-2, B-52, and RC-135 aircraft.
As a not-for-profit company, Riverside Research re-invests annual profits in independent research and development projects, community outreach initiatives, and employee benefits that exceed the industry average. Your career development is enhanced by the opportunity to work with a broad variety of experts in cutting-edge engineering and research disciplines and personalized attention from Riverside Research senior managers.
All Riverside Research opportunities require US citizenship.
• Advises and supports activities for installing, maintaining, repairing, overhauling, deploying, and modifying cyberspace systems and equipment platforms, to include voice, data, video client devices, network infrastructure systems, radio, satellite, intrusion detection, space systems, telemetry, microwave, and cryptographic.
• Ensures cyber and communication equipment and components meet installation practices, technical orders, and accepted commercial installation specifications.
• Applies communications security program expertise to include physical, cryptographic, transmission, and emission security.
• Supports and ensures compliance with safety standards and instructions. Supports communication system implementation and project installation, and ensures architecture, configuration, and integration conformity.
• Serves as advisor for facility design, platform IT programs installation, minor construction planning, and coordinates with base communications systems as necessary.
• Determines adequacy and correctness of project packages and amendments for installation and integration of communication systems.
• Conducts site and equipment surveys and validates equipment systems interface.
• Degree (BA/BS) and 10 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, or an AA/AS degree and 15 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed. Additional courses in mathematics, computer science, or information technologies is desirable.
• Top Secret Security Clearance
• Must have knowledge of electricity and radio theory, including transistors, solid-state components, and digital techniques applying to ground RF communications and related equipment maintenance; and interpretation of management information data, technical orders, blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematic drawings.
• Experience with electronic and network principles, information assurance, telephony, copper and fiber-optic transmission principles, cryptographic techniques, network system installation practices, project and circuit diagram interpretation, test equipment, special tools, and management practices.
• Network+ and Security+ certifications are highly desirable.
• CCNA and CISSP certifications are desirable
• Experience with evaluating operational readiness of communications equipment, network devices, sensors, intrusion detection, and related support equipment, to include: 1) troubleshooting and repairing standard voice, data, and video network infrastructure systems, IP detection systems and cryptographic equipment; 2) maintaining, testing, troubleshooting, and repairing voice and network systems equipment and circuits utilizing tools and test equipment; 3) sustaining, troubleshooting, and repairing standard radio frequency wireless, line-of-sight, beyond line-of-sight, wideband, and ground-based satellite and encryption transmission devices in a fixed and deployed environment; and 4) establishing cyber tactics, techniques, and procedures.
• Experience coordinating request for service orders, reviewing, recommending, and implementing changes to communications-computer systems installations records (CSIR), technical data, engineering drawings, and equipment wiring diagrams, and updating and verifying entries on cyber system, facility, maintenance, and inspection records.
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law", please visit:
Apply on company website