Riverside Research is seeking a computational scientist/scientific programmer to support development of a high-impact high-frequency asymptotic (ray-tracing) computational electromagnetics (CEM) tool chain for modeling electrically large objects.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
The candidate will collaborate with a small team of CEM and high-performance computing (HPC) experts to develop cross-platform EM modeling software for use on workstations and supercomputers by engineers in the defense industry. They will be responsible for extending an existing C++ application with new features and capabilities, validating its results against analytic models, measured and synthetic data, and presenting results to customers.
• BS with 5+, MS with 3+ or PhD with 0+ years of experience in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or equivalent
• Familiarity with wave phenomena, such as propagation, reflection, transmission and evanescent waves, associated with radio frequency EM physics, optics, or acoustic physics.
• Proficiency in scientific computing languages such as C/C++, Fortran, Python, MATLAB, or similar
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Superior interpersonal and communications skills, written and verbal
• Willingness to learn and perform other duties as assigned
• Obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance
• Ability to travel (less than 10%)
• Active Secret Clearance
• Knowledge of asymptotic methods such as geometrical optics, physical optics, shooting and bouncing rays (SBR), uniform theory of diffraction (UTD), geometrical theory of diffraction (GTD), or other ray based techniques
• Experience with numerical techniques such as method of moments, finite element method, finite difference time domain, domain decomposition methods, linear algebra, fast solver methods, etc.
• Experience with parallel programming of large high performance computers (MPI and OpenMP)
• Experience applying signal processing and/or image formation techniques.
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Apply on company website