Riverside Research, an independent, not-for-profit organization chartered to advance scientific research, has an immediate opening in its Plasma Research Program. Riverside Research's Plasma Program performs experimental and computational research in topics such as ionospheric physics, plasma-based metamaterials, plasma turbulence, electromagnetic wave phenomenology and interaction, and space-weather physics.
Riverside Research is focused on expanding its current research program, and has an immediate opening for an experimental plasma physicist. This is a full-time position in the Dayton, OH area. A successful candidate will perform basic and applied research in plasma physics, will work on Internal Research and Development (IR&D) efforts, and work on contracts for the Department of Defense (DOD). The candidate must be a motivated researcher able to function independently without supervision, as well as in a team.
Current IR&D efforts include the study of the phenomenology of electromagnetic and plasma waves in Earth's ionosphere and magnetosphere, the mitigation of plasma sheaths around hypersonic vehicles, and plasma-enabled metamaterials.
Riverside Research is currently seeking scientists for ongoing research programs, and to aid in the development of future programs in basic and applied science. A successful candidate will be expected to:
• Lead and perform basic and applied research in experimental plasma physics, involving high intensity laser or large volume plasma sources.
• Plan, design, and conduct experimental testing and validation of theoretical models and numerical simulations
• Design and fabricate diagnostics for use in experiment
• Carry out both independent and collaborative research
• Author and coauthor technical proposals
• Publish research in peer-reviewed scientific journals, and technical journals. Present results at external conferences, seminars, and/or technical meetings
• U.S. Citizenship
• Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance
• PhD in Plasma Physics or closely related field, with at least 3 years of experience after degree was granted.
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment as well as the ability to work independently.
• Possesses advanced knowledge in operation and analysis of plasma experiments and plasma physics diagnostics.
• Record of achievement authoring scientific publications, technical reports and delivering scientific presentations.
• Proficiency in writing and developing research proposals.
• Experience with thermionically-produced, or large volume magnetized plasma sources
• Knowledge of antennas, microwave circuits, and electromagnetic propagation
• Experience developing control systems for scientific instrumentation (LabVIEW based DAQ)
• Experience with Solidworks
• Experience with commercial software packages such as HFSS or COMSOL.
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world-class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective, and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law", please visit:
Apply on company website