Riverside Research seeks a highly technical individual to fill the role of Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE), capable of implementing all aspects of secure systems operations across our facilities. This position is the first of its kind, leveraging a breadth of experience in order to place a stellar individual in a role where they have the responsibility for systems management under the guidance and direction of the IT Director. We anticipate a high level of independence and extensive travel to build and maintain a wide variety of highly secure IT systems. This position is primarily located in our Centreville VA office and affords the incumbent extensive travel opportunities to along the East Coast in order to standardize systems operation and management.
All Riverside Research opportunities require US citizenship.
• Implementation and Standardization of secure IT systems of various sizes and complexity across a wide range of mission sets
• Provide IT Administration and Engineering support to the Corporate Information Systems Security Manager under the guidance of the IT Director
• Systems Hardening: Configuring, testing, and implementing, significant systems architecture to meet the requirements of external partners in accordance with Government, DOD, and customer-specific guidelines
• Systems Monitoring and Control: The application of industry standards to ensure continuous systems monitoring and scalability in order to meet corporate commitments and objectives
• Report system health to corporate leadership on a continuing basis and advise of necessary changes in strategy or operational direction
• Foster/maintain customer relationships and engage in all aspects of system life-cycle management
• Perform technical implementation of security controls as part of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process to ensure compliance with government standards regarding how systems are architected, secured, and monitored
• Provide technical support for government and internal system reviews
• Active TOP SECRET with SCI eligibility
• Bachelor's degree in an IT-related discipline, plus 5-7 years' experience. Experience beyond the 5-7 year point may be used in lieu of educational requirement
• Possess and maintain knowledge of industry standards regarding the overall operation of classified information systems
• Demonstrable experience implementing and maintaining complex IT systems
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks with minimal oversight
• Attention to detail when managing and monitoring classified IT systems and documentation of system functionality
• Ability to obtain and maintain desired IT certification (e.g. Sec+, CISSP) within 90 days of hire date if not preexisting. Specific platform certifications may also be required by customers
• Ability and willingness to travel to other offices in the Eastern region
• Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Master's degree with 3-5 years practical experience. Extensive industry experience may be substituted for educational requirement
• Experience in/with Federal Government computing systems and environments
Experience in / familiarization with Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) duties and related industry certifications
• Microsoft Certification Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification
RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Apply on company website