Riverside Research is seeking a full time Optical Systems Engineer to provide research, development, test, and evaluation support to deliver optimal technological solutions to complex and varied intelligence operations. Direct experience and expertise in scientific/engineering and prototyping of optical, electromagnetic, and/or radar systems is required. The Optical Systems Engineer will join a team of system and software engineers located in the Melbourne, FL area to deliver new and improved mission performance capabilities in intelligence tasking, collection, exploitation, analysis, and dissemination processes.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Provide scientific, engineering, and technical assistance in opto-electronic research, development, test, and evaluation activities
• Support the planning of systems utilized for optical and electromagnetism for technology R&D
• Participate in the design and test of opto-electronic systems that characterize the properties of electromagnetic radiation and its interaction with matter
• Assist Government leadership and support the Government's role in various working groups by leading meetings to collect information, write or review experiment plans and reports to meet technical requirements
• Provide algorithm development expertise on collection systems and associated processes
• Support planning, programming and budgeting activities
• Provide expertise throughout all phases of the collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination (CPED) cycle
• Develop technical reports, proposals and presentations and prepare technical briefings
• Other duties as assigned
• BA/BS degree from accredited school in a technical or engineering discipline such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Information Technology
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience related to design, development, and testing/fielding of electro-optical systems specific to passive and/or active remote sensing applications
• A working knowledge of fiber optics including optical theory, optical fiber handling, optical assembly, optical components, and test instrumentation
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal, listening, and written communication skills
• Knowledge of standard DoD acquisition regulations, practices and procedures
• Active TS/SCI
• M.S. or Ph.D in the field of Optics, Electrical Engineering or Physics with a concentration on optics
• Proficiency with algorithm development and application in C++, Matlab, LabVIEW or other relevant scientific programming languages
• Familiarity with modeling and simulation theory, techniques, and methods
• Understanding of agile software development methodologies
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Apply on company website