Riverside Research is seeking a full-time Systems Administrator to perform day-to-day operations, maintenance and administration of Red Hat Linux (RHEL) and Windows intelligence support systems for the National Air & Space Intelligence Center (NASIC). This position will require on-site presence within a secure facility in Dayton, Ohio, while simultaneously enabling some level of unclassified telework. Experience performing hands-on systems administration of RHEL or Windows systems is essential (preferably both).
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Provide system administration for applications, tools, and systems across three differently classified networks; core hours are 0900-1500L weekdays, plus after hour call in support as needed
• Responsible for the day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for operating systems, workstations and servers.
• Under general supervision, performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages
• Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures; monitors and tunes systems to achieve optimum performance levels and ensures system integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
• Perform as part of a multi-function team in support of both company and customer priorities; participate in regularly scheduled teleconferences and in-person meetings
• Support Risk Management Framework (RMF) assessment & authorization (A&A) activities (auditing, STIG application, Continuous Monitoring, etc.) necessary to achieve/maintain Authorization to Operate (ATO) of supported systems in partnership with stakeholders, Information Systems Security Officers/Managers and customer organizations
• Monitor system status and report maintenance issues; keep customer and internal stakeholders aware of any roadblocks, issues, and/or concerns
• Other duties as assigned
• Top Secret clearance with SCI adjudication
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, information technology, information systems, physics, math, or related technical fields with at least two years of system administration experience
• Knowledge of IT server, client, storage, and network technologies
• Windows/UNIX/LINUX/RHEL systems administration skills
• Risk management framework (RMF) process/procedure familiarity with experience in security compliance, assessment and authorization (A&A)
• Innovative with strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to troubleshoot, assess root cause, and resolve technical issues
• Self-motivated, detail oriented, responsible team player able to work independently with minimal daily direction; effective/efficient written/verbal communication skills
• Ability to work and interact with technically and organizationally diverse personnel
• Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, information systems, physics, math or related technical fields
• LINUX related certifications such as Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Security + training/certification
• Information Security Systems Manager (ISSM), Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) training/certification/experience
• Basic data base administration (DBA) skills/experience
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Apply on company website