Riverside Research is seeking a full time Senior System Cybersecurity Engineer/Subject Matter Expert to support the Space Force Cobra Dane Phased Array Radar Weapon System.
This position will specifically provide cybersecurity engineering and compliance support to a major modernization and sustainment projects being executed in several stages with multiple vendors to migrate legacy mission computers and analog signal processing technology to modern system interfaces that include the use of open systems approaches and software defined radio concepts, and DevSecOps software maintenance.
As a not-for-profit company, Riverside Research re-invests annual profits in independent research and development projects, community outreach initiatives, and employee benefits that exceed the industry average. Your career development is enhanced by the opportunity to work with a broad variety of experts in cutting-edge engineering and research disciplines and personalized attention from Riverside Research senior managers.
All Riverside Research opportunities require US citizenship.
• Provide focused cybersecurity engineering and compliance support to the COBRA DANE Automated Data Processing –Rehost project
• Conducts risk assessments and provides recommendations for technical design to two development teams
• Ensure cybersecurity policy and technical practices are implemented correctly on the project. Supports technical assessments and testing, as required.
• Assist the Program Management staff with the understanding of the cyber security requirements, processes and schedule impacts with a portion of the role providing some RMF/Artifact documentation as required.
• Ensure all Project hardware, software and firmware designs meet the requirements of all DoD, Air Force and Space Force Cybersecurity policies.
• Evaluates contractor architectures and technical drawings for cybersecurity risks. Identifies technical alternatives or mitigation approaches as necessary
• Provides recommendations and impacts to project designs based on compliance with modern NIST recommendations pertaining to open source, container driven design and other DevSecOps principles
• Review, analyze, and support the preparation/evaluation of various project technical design and programmatic documents.
• Support routine and frequent activities to interface technically with the cyber POCs of all project contractors
• Provide recommendations for alternative approaches while maintaining system cybersecurity requirements
• Assist the project team with navigating the RMF (Risk Management Framework) process for this project.
• Coordinate with the Branch Cyber Lead and Division Cyber Lead to work cybersecurity requirements and to interface with Space Force AO staff.
• Ensure compliance with DoD and Air Force Certification and Accreditation policies, specifically Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology, and AFI 33-210, The Risk Management Framework (RMF) for Air Force Information Technology.
• Other cybersecurity duties as assigned
• Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
• Candidate must have BS Degree in Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred. Typically possesses 7-9 years of experience.
• Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings. Able to apply extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Work is performed with light supervision. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
• Cybersecurity certifications (e.g. Ethical Hacker, CISSP)
• Proven cybersecurity engineering experience working with modern software and hardware environments, to include controls and standards for FPGA/Firmware applications
• Top Secret Security Clearance / SCI Eligibility
• DoD or Government experience with or understanding of the RMF process
• Working understanding of the Space Domain Awareness mission space and environment
• Working understanding of the Missile Defense mission space and environment
• Knowledge of emerging DOD approaches on software acquisition, streamlined cyber compliance and DevSecOps principles
• Experience with (or Knowledge of) secure supply chain practices
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world-class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective, and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law", please visit:
Apply on company website