Riverside Research is seeking a full time or part-time Researcher to advance the state-of-the-art in the simulation of systems using data links and wireless networks. The systems may be connected using wire, RF, Laser, EO or other methods using the EM (electromagnetic) spectrum. You will be part of a cohesive 10+ member team of highly-skilled software and hardware researchers who love learning and strive to solve and transition critical technologies to the user. In this mid-career position, you will collaboratively advance your expertise with our growing team using all available information across all signal-processing domains.
Riverside Research is a flexible, family friendly, multidisciplinary not-for-profit conducting fundamental research in software implemented radios, collaborative systems, deep neural networks, statistical machine learning, plasma physics, nondestructive tamper and anti-tamper, system security, and biological systems. We offer full health benefits and paid parental leave!
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
This is a Research, Development, and Engineering position. In this role you will:
• Follow the data to achieve your objectives in the development, simulation, and testing of Global Positioning System (GPS) and other Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) waveforms
• Develop processes and code to emulate required signal processing components using Matlab, Octave, C, C++, Python, VHDL, and/or Verilog
• Develop alternative solutions to identified problems in 1-way and N-way data links
• Develop research plans, document your efforts, and propose new research thrusts
• Pull from all available sources to push the state-of-the-art
• One year of demonstrated digital signal processing experience in VHDL or equivalent course work
• One year of demonstrated digital signal processing experience in C++ or equivalent course work
• Three or more years of relevant work experience
• Must support our Security Clearance process
• Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field or equivalent experience
These additional desired qualifications and/or skills for this position may set you apart from other well-qualified candidates.
• Strong presentation skills and demonstrated ability to interact with multiple customers
• Experience collecting and analyzing GPS and other GNSS waveforms
• Experience in data stream integrity analysis
• Experience with low-density parity-check (LDPC) and other error correction algorithms
• Experience in EM waveform analysis
• Master's Degree in STEM related field
• Understanding of modulation, filters, atmospherics, and other artifacts of data links
• Demonstrated experience working as part of team or working alone
• Qualified for past or present access to TS/SCI material
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Apply on company website