Riverside Research is seeking a Systems Administrator with a broad range of experience to manage both classified and unclassified systems in our Boston office. This position permits the candidate hands-on involvement to all components of secure information systems and involvement at each phase of a project lifecycle with a high level of ownership. The incumbent should have a variety of experience and ideally will have functioned in an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) role previously. Experience with Defense Security Service (DSS) processes and procedures is an added benefit as this position will function as the ISSO for systems and networks in direct support of classified government contracts.
All Riverside Research opportunities require US citizenship.
• Systems administration duties for local and remote server infrastructure consisting of Microsoft Windows and Linux systems
• Implements all security measures commensurate according to DoD, DCSA, and Corporate ISSM policies and directives
• Provides inventory, auditing and logging of systems events for all systems under their purview
• Local and remote Tier 1/Tier 2 user and endpoint support including independent advanced troubleshooting and resolution documentation
• Identify and report system anomalies and incidents as required
• Support the Corporate ISSM by providing local incident response
• Creates the necessary artifacts, policies and documents necessary to satisfy the RMF process and obtain timely accreditation of all applicable systems under the guidance of the corporate ISSM
• Coordinate and interface with external vendors and customers as necessary
• Regularly interface with internal and external customers with minimal supervision
• Other duties as assigned
• An active SECRET level security clearance is required with SSBI or active Top Secret clearance
• Minimum 3-5 years' experience in a related IT field
• Commitment to continuous improvement of IT systems used to support larger business goals
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks
• Attention to detail when implementing and monitoring IT systems
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team-based environment, with minimum supervision
• Demonstrable experience implementing and maintaining complex IT systems to include
o Microsoft Server Products
o Network Infrastructure (Routers, Firewalls, Managed Switches)
• Ability to obtain DoD 8570.01-M IAT L2 Certification within 90 days of hire date
• Required: Strong interpersonal communication and ability to maintain a professional appearance and office atmosphere
• Desire to provide excellent customer service in a security-oriented environment
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Experience in/with Federal Government computing systems and environments
• Experience in / familiarization with Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) duties
• Experience with administration on RedHat Enterprise Linux and/or CentOS systems.
• 1 year minimum experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) or DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP)
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Apply on company website