Riverside Research is seeking a Technical Project Manager to provide technical expertise and programmatic support relevant to defense, intelligence, and government applications of AI/ML technologies. Engineering, program or product management expertise is required. Expertise in an engineering discipline or computer science is required. Technical and/or management experience in AI/ML is strongly desired. The position will collaborate with DoD/Government partners and commercial AI/ML vendors, and is based in Mountain View, CA.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Provide subject matter expertise in AI/ML technologies to lead prototype projects
• Lead collaborative teams in the design, execution, and management of projects focused on applying and integrating innovative AI/ML commercial solutions to DoD problem-sets
• Define capability needs across multiple AI projects based on customer requirements and lead problem curation processes with customers and stakeholders
• Work with teams of technical staff to develop solution frameworks that can be addressed by commercial vendors
• Identify, research, and evaluate relevant technical capabilities across the commercial sector
• Provide reviews and assessments, analyses of applicable technologies and operational concepts, system requirements, test plans, executions, results, and related engineering documentation
• Participate in outreach and collaboration with commercial vendors, industry, academia, other non-traditional vendors, DoD entities, program offices, and recognized technical experts
• Apply knowledge of relevant DoD technology acquisition and research services, as well as commercial best practices, and translate that to develop time-sensitive transition strategies
• Review prototype proposals from commercial vendors, reports and related project documents
• Participate in milestone reviews, testing, simulations, and post-prototype analysis activities
• Prepare program updates, white papers, technical papers, briefs, and meeting materials
• Respond to official requests for information and other tasks from government partners and stakeholders
• Master's degree in an engineering/scientific field or Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience with at least 3 years of experience in engineering, program or product management role
• Ability to deliver multi-discipline, multi-stakeholder projects that demonstrably improve operational capabilities (measured by increase in accuracy, decrease in cost, decrease in time) and enhance scientific collaboration, knowledge sharing, and research for the relevant community
• Ability to communicate to a broad range of audiences (e.g. CEOs, investors, commercial vendors, media, etc) to gain acceptance of vision, guidance and policy
• Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal and client-handling skills
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret (TS) clearance
• Active TS security clearance
• PhD in engineering/technical field
• Technical background and experience in ML/AI technologies
• Experience serving in AI/ML SME role
• Experience working on DoD/IC data science programs at a senior leader or management level
• Prior military experience
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Apply on company website